Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-19-2012, 08:09 PM   #11 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I'm guessing the tower is made by sucking all the air out of the tower, then the water gets sucked into the void.
For some reason, don't think this is a good idea for a betta, at least. If he was at the top and suddenly needed air it'd be quite a way to get down and back up to get to the air, since I doubt they plan ahead. but it looks awesome for other fish :D
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:09 PM   #12 
elijahfeathers

It's actually not by filling it with water... I used to play with water like that. Go fill up your sink, take a glass cup, and put it in on it's side so that it fills with water. The tip it upside down and lift-- until the edge of the submerged end of the glass hits the surface the water won't come out. You could always blow a little bubble into the top though.
elijahfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:12 PM   #13 
Shirleythebetta

I've got two more weird ones for you guys. The matching fish tank sink to go with the toilet and the bird cage fish tank?..... Some of these tanks on the link below are horrible. Like the cd player one.... blasting music beside a creature thats sensitive to sound?!

http://scienceblogs.com/zooillogix/2...fish_tanks.php
Attached Images

Last edited by Shirleythebetta; 01-19-2012 at 09:18 PM.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:18 PM   #14 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by elijahfeathers View Post
It's actually not by filling it with water... I used to play with water like that. Go fill up your sink, take a glass cup, and put it in on it's side so that it fills with water. The tip it upside down and lift-- until the edge of the submerged end of the glass hits the surface the water won't come out. You could always blow a little bubble into the top though.
Yes, I believe this is caused by air not being the the cup to push the water down, so technically the water has to stay up in the cup because there's no other particles to push it down. I was never the best at physics though. xD
And the air bubble would eventually run out of oxygen for the fish anyways, so you'd have to keep filling it D;
Old 01-19-2012, 09:30 PM   #15 
elijahfeathers

assuming you left an inch or so on the top, I think it would be pretty fine with a weekly refill of fresh air. ;D
elijahfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:35 PM   #16 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

It's a cool idea though, I agree.
I've always loved the idea of a fish coffee table. xD
Old 01-19-2012, 10:18 PM   #17 
BellasMomma

wow the sink looks AMAZING!!!
BellasMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 12:13 AM   #18 
BeautifulBetta

I'd have to agree with the sink one! That would be totally awesome :) So many odd ideas on that site!!
BeautifulBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:35 PM   #19 
SnowySurface

Darn it. Now I want to fill my bathroom full of fish. A toilet fish tank for when you first enter. The sink fish bowl to wash your hands. Then complete it all with a fishtank bathtub so you can relax and unwind with the fishes. XD
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 04:48 PM   #20 
BeautifulBetta

hahaha yes! ^
I've always wanted to swim with my fish so they could see that I can be a water-dweller too. I thought it would be pretty funny to double-bag some fish and float them in a pool so you could "swim" with them. I wonder how confused they'd be haha
BeautifulBetta is offline   Reply With Quote