So if you remember my earlier post, I got Jacob on 1/1/2012. This is him on his first day:
I have learned about a lot about bettas in just half a month.
Turns out the lava rock in my take shredded his fins to almost nothing, he was red all over because of the blood loss. Needless to say I removed it and he has only silk plants and a marimo ball. I added low-iodized salt to his tank (i didn't have aquarium or epsom) using the 1tsp/gal method, and he has made a full recovery. He is now eating daily and he is a real pig! I try to feed him sparingly throughout the day because of his appetite. Well anyway here is him this morning, just 18 days later. Note: his fins are still recovering so they look a little weird.
Notice the difference in his marbling:
I am still undecided on his fin type. i checked the sticky and he looks just like the picture for 'Comb' or SDet.