Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-20-2012, 10:20 PM   #11 
LittleBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
Oh..he'll change. xD
I'll bet he ends up all blue/blue-white butterfly in a few months.(his dad has the messy-butterflyesque coloring)
Maybe some red wash with age because of his dad, though it looks like your boy has non-red(yellow)
I know, I can't wait to see how he changes... one of the reasons I LOVE marbles... Merle didn't start coloring up till the last month or so, before then she was a plain white... NO other markings (compared to her siblings I was a it dissapointed, but she def. showed me!!!)
Im really excited to get him XD
The breeder is shipping him out in the morning and promised to call and to send me pics of the shipping label with tracking number <3 for my first aquabid purchase, Im def. pleased
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:32 PM   #12 
thebroadenthusiast

The marbling is fantastic (I <3 Marbles)
He reminds me of my guy, Jacobthe one in my avatar and in my album XD
thebroadenthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:37 PM   #13 
dew

Pretty darn cute!
dew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:46 PM   #14 
LittleBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebroadenthusiast View Post
The marbling is fantastic (I <3 Marbles)
He reminds me of my guy, Jacobthe one in my avatar and in my album XD
Your boy is CUTE! I love marbles <3
Old 01-20-2012, 10:49 PM   #15 
LittleBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by dew View Post
Pretty darn cute!
Thank you
Old 01-20-2012, 11:07 PM   #16 
LittleBettaFish

Smudge is cute, and his name suits him to a T. I'm sure him and Merle will produce some nice-coloured fry. If you aren't looking at showing or producing top quality fish, I don't think finnage matters as much as colour.

Half the fish labelled at my LFS as HM are lucky to be considered deltas, and none of the people purchasing them seem to notice or care.

Looking forward to seeing a spawn log. I'm about to pay for my three females. Now I just need to find a suitable 'stud'
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:19 PM   #17 
LittleBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
Smudge is cute, and his name suits him to a T.
Thank you I thought so to

Quote:
I'm sure him and Merle will produce some nice-coloured fry. If you aren't looking at showing or producing top quality fish, I don't think finnage matters as much as colour.

Half the fish labelled at my LFS as HM are lucky to be considered deltas, and none of the people purchasing them seem to notice or care.
Im breeding for showing, but I DO want to produce the best quality I can... otherwise I see no real purpose in breeding.... I do have a small petstore that is looking to purchase some, but they actually do not sell fish so I would be caring for them daily and will be able to monitor them

Quote:
Looking forward to seeing a spawn log. I'm about to pay for my three females. Now I just need to find a suitable 'stud'
Good luck on your spawn! I just picked up the tank Im going to use to breed in today, now I'm just waiting for my microworms and vinegar eels to arrive... and I still need BBS :-/ once I have the fry food I will start conditioning the pair (depending on Smudge's size and if I choose to use him... he is younger than Merle so I may have to wait a month or so to get his size a little bigger... nothing one on one TLC can't fix quick!)
Old 01-20-2012, 11:33 PM   #18 
LittleBettaFish

Personally I'm more inclined towards the mindset of breeding the best to the best, but I know a majority here usually breed pet store type fish, which is fine if you can find a market for them.

Just don't let your microworm colony go off. I wondered what that foul smell in my bedroom was, and found a very mouldy looking microworm colony. Even with a lid on I could smell it

Live food cultures have since been banned from my bedroom.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:39 PM   #19 
LittleBettas

I have A petstore betta I would love to breed (black copper CT) but that is only because he has PERFECT fins (a bit of drooping from poor water quality) and his coloring is PERFECT... but unless I find a HIGH quality matching female I probably never would... especially since I don't know his background :-/

Lol... my first time breeding AND with live cultures... Im SCARED TO DEATH of forgetting about one and it... going off.... lol
Old 01-21-2012, 04:08 PM   #20 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettas View Post
Lol, I know, one of his brother was almost identical, but the breeder sent me an updated picture of him and WOW.... he looks more like the dad (butterfly) when he started out as a messy marble
That DEFINITELY sounds right! All marbles will change to a butterfly in a few generations of breeding in the line.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote