Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-22-2012, 01:25 AM   #21 
Sena Hansler

The first thought that came to mind when I read what she said that was "because I can swim. " >.> And it's true. they have nothing better to do with their time but troll you. You won't ever get used to it - but hey "smile at your enemies it confuses the Hell out of them" I learned that fast.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 02:54 AM   #22 
Shirleythebetta

Another thing to remember is at least you are into fish and not the stupidity of most youth. I say being into fish is a lot safer than anything those kids are probably into. Its a relaxing hobby and fun and it's something they may never get to experience so don't get mad at them. Feel bad for them. And, school will end so nothing they say will matter anyways when you are an adult. school tragedys only last so long.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 04:09 AM   #23 
Inga

A couple sites you should have recommended to them are Stalkers.com or Noseyfreaks.com or Getalife.com
I know that when you are in school things like that seem like a big deal but honestly, those folks are not worth your time. You have a life so just live it and don't worry about the other folks. As long as you are not hurting anyone else, it shouldn't matter to those outsiders.
Inga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:28 AM   #24 
GreenTea

I think the cheer, "That's alright, that's ok, you're gonna pump my gas some day!" applies here.

Jerks always get theirs. Just know you always have support here. Virtual football isn't enhancing his life. Your fish enhance yours. I know it's hard when you're younger, but that sort of thing shows in people. It's very ugly. Potential employers, co-workers, and future partners will notice it, and it will turn them off.
GreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:30 AM   #25 
onefish2fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by zof View Post
As a school district network administrator I must scorn you for using your schools internet for non subject related material! As a fellow fish dork and a been there done that view, my best advice is to learn how to ignore those around you who you don't care about and their opinions, its hard at your age, I know, I remember but if they look at your screen then completely ignore and not even notice that they are looking. And when the eventual snide comment comes just reply with "eh" and shrug your shoulders, they reason kids make those comments are to get a reaction to help reassure themselves they are somehow better then you. Also remember your not paying any attention to him but hes still some how interested in what you are doing, take that to mean what you want

oh yea forgot to say HI BETTA PEOPLE!
+1

as hard as it is dont give them more then a smile and laugh in your head. years later you can laugh again when you have a career in biology and this guy doesnt make it to the NFL to make millions for being just good enough to sit the bench. ( as with all sports, way to go america )
and dont forget to continue to do what you have passion for, whether the most popular kid, cutest kid, ugliest kid has a problem with it.
onefish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:12 PM   #26 
BettaMommy531rip

After everything you guys have said I feel so much better! I now feel even more privileged to come home to a loving family, my fish, my hamster, and my dog! Just thinking that some of those kids might not even have half of what I have makes me feel terrible. I love coming home and doting on all my pets! I just have to keep my chin up and enjoy my friends, my family, and my pets! You guys are the absolute best! You've been so supportive to me, and you don't even know me! It just goes to show that you guys are really great people w/ great personalities! Thank you so much!
BettaMommy531rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:20 PM   #27 
SeaHorse
TFK Moderator

You are very welcome !!
SeaHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:27 PM   #28 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

People that love animals are proven to be kinder to other people, so makes sense that this is a great community of caring people ^-^
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:14 AM   #29 
Sena Hansler

You can judge a person by how they treat their animals. How many of those kids, do you bet, don't have an animal? or could care less for ones they have/do have?
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:54 AM   #30 
BettaMommy531rip

I bet all of them have either home issues/no pets/don't care for pets. I just have to push through. I feel better now, and all this help has been great. Knowing that complete strangers care is more comforting than I expected it to be! Thanks so much, I can't think of a fitting way to thank you for being there for me!
BettaMommy531rip is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta, embarassed, haters