Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-18-2012, 07:12 PM   #1 
LittleBettas

Aquabid Dream Betta

I know there is already a thread for this... but I wanted to start one....
Because I have fallen in love...
I JUST created an aquabid account (already proving to be a HUGE mistake) and while browsing (Im looking for a marble HM to breed to help "drown" the PK from a female I want to breed)

and I fell in love with TWO guys (from Thailand)... account hasn't gone through yet and by the time it goes through the time will be up... so I figured I would post them here so everyone could drool...

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...shm&1326976342

and I LOVE the markings on him (my #1 if I could)

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...shm&1326981005

There are a few others, but their time is up even sooner (they are in state though)... I wish my account was already set up
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:44 PM   #2 
thekoimaiden

They are beautiful. I'm hoping that you get them in time!

The only thing that has stopped me from turning the TWO extra rooms in my house into fish rooms is the fact that I don't have AB account yet. I'm saving that as a hu-rah for when I'm gainfully employed. Ya. That's the only thing saving me right now. Well that and a lack of funds.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:53 AM   #3 
Sakura8

I'm terrified of setting up an Aquabid account for exactly that reason. I'll be in such big trouble the day I do finally get one up and running. Maybe I should wait until after I win the lottery.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:37 PM   #4 
LittleBettas

Lol, they are both from Thailand... my biggest fear is transhippers.... Im scared to death thinking of getting one... waiting for him to get to America... then waiting and waiting and waiting.... Im probably going to stick with American bred bettas for a while... much less scary right now
Old 01-19-2012, 01:37 PM   #5 
BettaMommy531rip

Yeah! I always see gorgeous bettas on aquabid, but then they are in Thailand, and not only is transshipping expensive, but it's crazy and in my opinion confusing. First I want to get some american bred PKs off there, and then I'll treat myself to a ridiculously expensive Thailand betta, just as a little treat for me.
BettaMommy531rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:47 PM   #6 
LittleBettas

Lol, ditto to ALL of that BettaMommy
Old 01-19-2012, 02:13 PM   #7 
SnowySurface

I like getting my fish from pet stores because the drive in my car has to be less stressful than air mail. But I'm starting to think I'll never find a purple betta in a pet store. I think that is the only reason I would get an aquabid account. The really rare bettas would have to be found on line.
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:24 PM   #8 
LittleBettaFish

Haha I made an AB account the other day as Sutee posted up three HMPK females I must make mine.

I buy stuff from our transhipper all the time (she runs a brick-and-mortar store as well) so that makes that part a lot less scary.

If the fish you like have no bids, maybe message the seller and see if he/she is willing to sell them to you. That way you can still get them once your account finalises.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:29 PM   #9 
LittleBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowySurface View Post
I like getting my fish from pet stores because the drive in my car has to be less stressful than air mail. But I'm starting to think I'll never find a purple betta in a pet store. I think that is the only reason I would get an aquabid account. The really rare bettas would have to be found on line.
I've actually seen a few purple bettas... a CT and a VT... both at my walmart (I LOVED the CT)... but since Im looking to start breeding I'm looking for bettas with backgrounds I know...
Old 01-19-2012, 02:32 PM   #10 
LittleBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
Haha I made an AB account the other day as Sutee posted up three HMPK females I must make mine.

I buy stuff from our transhipper all the time (she runs a brick-and-mortar store as well) so that makes that part a lot less scary.

If the fish you like have no bids, maybe message the seller and see if he/she is willing to sell them to you. That way you can still get them once your account finalises.
Im scared of using transhippers... and the idea of having "MY" betta doing all of that traveling... I wish some of these AWESOME guys were closer
I am keeping an eye on these guys just in case the temptation becomes to much....