Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-22-2012, 04:23 AM   #1 
zepherina

depressed/angry betta! help ;(

So I just got back from a 3 week trip out of state and I had to leave my bettas behind, I was only suppose to be gone 2 weeks and my cousin feed them the second week i was gone because she was with me a week and flew home, anyways I got stuck an extra week away from home. So when I finally got home bubba (beatles juice) was the first thing I ran in my room to see. Well he was at the front of the tank waiting, he seemed very stand off ish and shy, so I gave him some food and he is normally a chow hound and he didn't really care for his food. So I had to leave and I came back home that night,and now ever since then, he won't eat. And when I come to the tank he swims away and hides!!! He's usually a very up front showy off fish. All he does is hide behind his plants or floats at the top of his tank. And when I used to put my finger to the tank he swam up to it and bumped into the glass, now he swims away so frantically!!! And I've notices him spazzing out in his tank, ugh!!!! I don't know what to do ;( is he mad at me? Depressed? My girls are fine, they still just sit at the front of the tank and watch me, they're not acting funny. This just makes me so freaking sad!!! His water has been changed. His physical self still looks good. I just don't know what's with the personality change ;/
zepherina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 04:33 AM   #2 
earthworm88

Did you ask your cousin if something had happened the second week while in her custody? That sounded like he may have gotten scared or stressed prior and now not acting himself. Did you also check the water parameters before you made changes to his water just to rule out any chemical imbalance?

I know it can feel like betrayal when they up and ignore and behave the complete opposite, but may be give him sometimes and continue to observe carefully for other signs. They have short memory, so they can't stay mad at you for a long time (at least that's what I like to think).

Good luck! Hope it's nothing serious, just acting out
earthworm88 is offline   Reply With Quote