Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-20-2012, 11:53 PM   #1 
laurenamor

New here and with bettas :)

Hi everyone! I'm happy to be a new member of this forum and I want to share with you the story of how my love for bettas recently started.

I'm sort of new with bettas but I love learning more and more about them! There have been a few bettas in my home ever since I was little but I used to not pay much attention to them because they weren't really "mine", because I was ignorant on anything fish related (I was more of a cat lover), and because I thought they were simple fish. Last year I moved to a new apartment by myself and wanted some company so my sister gave me her betta. I had her for a while and eventually somebody let her fall when changing her water and she died the next day. That's when I decided I wanted one of my own and when I got to the pet store found out there's more than one type of betta! LOL I then got a blue and greenish crowntail and I named him Blu. Ever since, he's made me super happy and I have done my best to keep him very happy, and he always is. I was surprised when I discovered how much personality my Blu and other bettas have!

On a very dissappointing note about myself, during the holidays I brought him home from school with me and I was so busy helping my mom around that I left him in my room all day every day and didn't change his water for some weeks something I'm very ashamed of. When I returned this week back to school I saw that he had fin rot and totally freaked out! He was also very depressed. I got him medicine and cleaned everything up and now he's recovering and he's actually the happiest I've ever seen him, I believe he has brighter color now during recovery! He's happy to be back at home in my school apartment and I think he's forgiven me for my irresponsibility and now happily greets me when I get home. I promised him I would never ever let anything like that happen again to him (I enjoy talking to him, I know he's listening).
laurenamor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:27 AM   #2 
BellasMomma

I'm happy yer little man is doing ok! Sometimes life gets a little hectic and we forget about the small, very important things but wat matters is that it wasn't intentional and I think yer little guy knows that. Sorrie this happened but im totally ecstatic he made it through it!
BellasMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:45 AM   #3 
GwenInNM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenamor View Post
Hi everyone! I'm happy to be a new member of this forum and I want to share with you the story of how my love for bettas recently started.

I'm sort of new with bettas but I love learning more and more about them! There have been a few bettas in my home ever since I was little but I used to not pay much attention to them because they weren't really "mine", because I was ignorant on anything fish related (I was more of a cat lover), and because I thought they were simple fish. Last year I moved to a new apartment by myself and wanted some company so my sister gave me her betta. I had her for a while and eventually somebody let her fall when changing her water and she died the next day. That's when I decided I wanted one of my own and when I got to the pet store found out there's more than one type of betta! LOL I then got a blue and greenish crowntail and I named him Blu. Ever since, he's made me super happy and I have done my best to keep him very happy, and he always is. I was surprised when I discovered how much personality my Blu and other bettas have!

On a very dissappointing note about myself, during the holidays I brought him home from school with me and I was so busy helping my mom around that I left him in my room all day every day and didn't change his water for some weeks something I'm very ashamed of. When I returned this week back to school I saw that he had fin rot and totally freaked out! He was also very depressed. I got him medicine and cleaned everything up and now he's recovering and he's actually the happiest I've ever seen him, I believe he has brighter color now during recovery! He's happy to be back at home in my school apartment and I think he's forgiven me for my irresponsibility and now happily greets me when I get home. I promised him I would never ever let anything like that happen again to him (I enjoy talking to him, I know he's listening).
Nice story :) I added one female to my community tank, and I also had no interest in Bettas. There was something about her eyes when I looked at her in the store. At first I couldn't even find her in my tank (lots of hiding places and plants), but now I'm starting to see her more and more, as she gets more comfortable being in a large space, from a stupid tiny cup in a pet store. They are sweet fish, and I can see why people like them.

Gwen
GwenInNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:24 AM   #4 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Glad to here your guy is doing much better.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:33 PM   #5 
laurenamor

Thanks!
laurenamor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 02:41 PM   #6 
Oldfishlady

Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of Betta keeping....

Look forward to hearing more about your Betta keeping adventures....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 04:40 PM   #7 
mardi

Welcome!!!

So glad to know I'm not the only one who talks to their Betta, lol!
And happy your Blu is on the road to recovery and happy.
mardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:08 PM   #8 
capeziodncr

Blu is a gorgeous betta! glad to hear he survived as well :)
capeziodncr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:40 AM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello and welcome to the forum.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote