Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-21-2012, 12:56 AM   #1 
zaichev

Help with color type/fin type?

I picked up these two beta for $7 each. At first I was just going to keep them in one of those basic divider cages, as I live in a dorm, but now I'm spoiling them and have ordered a large tank, some castles, a hammock, a heater, a filter... Still, they're so fun to watch, and are worth it. They have real personalities; I've named them David and Goliath because they're constantly staring at each other through the divider and puffing up.

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with the color and fin type of these two creatures. Also, in general, do they look healthy? I've been putting in some "heal fin" droplets just in case.

Last edited by zaichev; 01-21-2012 at 01:00 AM.
zaichev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:54 AM   #2 
Bettabubble3

id say both are halfmoons or deltas not sure you need them to flare.but they are beautifuL! i want both of them!
Bettabubble3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:38 AM   #3 
AngesRadieux

Gorgeous fish. I absolutely adore that white one. It's hard to tell fin type if they aren't flaring. When they do, if their tails spread to a full semi-circle, they're halfmoons. If their tails don't spread to 180 degrees then they're deltas.
AngesRadieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:55 AM   #4 
Laki

wow. They're beautiful! I would refrain from the heal fin droplets. I don't know what's in it but your fish look healthy and don't need it. If you want to go for a more natural look, and secondly, release beneficial tannins in the water which will strengthen their scales/immunity look up Indian Almond Leaves. You can get them on ebay for extremeely cheap. The tannins are an antifungal and totally natural. IAL are used by breeders as they create a more natural environment to which native betta come. I think it looks awesome too!! (ps for the pic, I couldn't find a good betta example on google.. SO this is my Lakitu a couple months ago before the water darkened. I just throw them on top and let them fall as they like)
Attached Images

Laki is offline   Reply With Quote