Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-21-2012, 04:54 PM   #11 
LittleBettas

Lmao, I know, my poor poor BF... he wont talk about it anymore so Im not sure if he is still set in his ways
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:21 PM   #12 
Bombalurina

I pity my boyfriend a bit. There we were, out for a date after having not seen each other for a while, and I make the mistake of going into the petshop. Suddenly we are rushing back home and he's being forced to sit quietly in the background whilst I set up an emergency tank for my new rescue gal. :p

Here's to our long-suffering other halves.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:39 PM   #13 
LittleBettas

Lmao, I did the same thing yesterday while my BF andI were on a date... all us betta mommies are alike!
Old 01-22-2012, 01:36 AM   #14 
Shirleythebetta

Yea he helps so I don't kill myself or my back. The jugs I am talking about weigh like, 45 pounds. I need to lift some serious weights. I can pick them up but not up high enough to put the water in. It's nice to have a guy that supports this hobby no matter how crazy I get with it. Sometimes I wonder if he ever knew that I was going to get into it so much. Oh good betta news! Patty's fins are growing a little already! only after 2 weeks. And she has been established as the boss so I now have an official sorority.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 02:30 AM   #15 
LittleBettas

Aw, at least he helps you... lol
Yeah... I don't think my BF expected the betta thing to get THIS crazy (he actually got me my first betta )

Congrats on the sorority!!!! Isn't it AWESOME????
Old 01-22-2012, 02:43 AM   #16 
Shirleythebetta

Loads of fun. I like seeing the girls develop color the most I think. I thought that three of the four new girls were going to end up looking like Shirley and I was worried I wouldn't be able to tell them a part. They all changed body color luckily and the four have the same color tail. Then I have an opaque, And I am starting to think Patty is a cambodian? Is that the coloring where the body is a fleshy color and the tail is one solid color? Also, wanted to ask you, I think I remember this correctly but I want to make sure. Regrowth can come in clear correct? If so then the accidental shredding of Wanda is regrowing already with Melifix. The clear wasn't there yesterday but is there today.
Old 01-22-2012, 02:48 AM   #17 
Shirleythebetta

Hah, heres something to make you giggle. Captain is staring at my computer screen again. He's a little weirdo he loves to watch the screen and I just gave them all a couple of blood worms. This is there first time with real blood worms and not the flakes. Red is sitting under his feed hole and just staring up in sheer hope. They are so funny ahh.
Old 01-22-2012, 02:49 AM   #18 
LittleBettas

Aw, thats always fun to watch
Yup, thats a cambodian lol
Yes, regrowth will come in clear, with my sorority I do not add anything in when a fin gets a little tear, I just ensure that the water is kept clean and it grows back quickly
Its reccomended that people do not use melafix as it contains tree oil which can kill bettas....
Old 01-22-2012, 03:03 AM   #19 
Shirleythebetta

oo okay good to know.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:08 AM   #20 
Shirleythebetta

I always keep the water very clean. I am particular about that. I have this neighbor. (my fiances step-dad) i am about to steal his betta. The poor thing. Solid bright red and he had it for three months in a 3 gallon and didn't change the water one time. Not even a partial. I went over there and made him change it. It was yellow with filth. He also forgets to feed the poor thing so I occasionally go over and give him blood worms and remind the man to feed him. It's retarded. He has everything the fish needs (almost, no filter). Big enough tank, heater aeration. Then you forget the basic essentials?! grrrrr