Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-21-2012, 06:41 AM   #1 
RedFynn21

Anyone know if Whiteclouds are compatible?

Just out of curiosity, I was wondering if male bettas are compatible with Whiteclouds, or even Zebra Danios? I have one betta at the moment that is much too agressive for any tank mates, but if I were to happen upon one that would do okay with some peaceful tank mates, are danios even a type of fish to concider? If not, what are some good alternatives? Any feedback would we great, thanks.
RedFynn21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:45 AM   #2 
Shirleythebetta

I always support the corys and the oto's I like betta tank mates that stay out of their way. Plus there's something about a chubby adult cory that I love.
Attached Images

Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:49 AM   #3 
RedFynn21

Ooh. Cute. Are they mostly bottom dwellers? That would be good. I heard the danios are top-dwellers which can sometimes cause a problem with a top-dwelling betta. Idk, I'm new at this. So for now it's research.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:53 AM   #4 
Shirleythebetta

Yep they are mostly on the bottom. And the otos are algae eaters that max are 2 inches so you have some scrubbing the bottom and some scrubbing the side so it makes for a pretty clear tank. Sometimes you'll get a surprise and a cory will fly up to the top of the tank like a bullet and back down again but they don't really seem to bother the betta's at all. Plus they come in a nice variety. The panda cory's are even cuter than the albinos.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:55 AM   #5 
RedFynn21

I like the corys. Can you get them at say...Petsmart? We don't have a tropical fish store locally. Petsmart and Petco are it around here.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:04 AM   #6 
Shirleythebetta

Yep you can get them at petsmart. And the oto's to. If you go for something like a pleco if you do the algae eaters be careful because the common ones can get mixed up with the small ones and you could end up with one 14 inches long. I got my 4 cory's at jacks aqaurium. I'm in ohio though so I don't know. I do like jacks though because I have never bought a sick fish from there for my community tank. They take great care of all of their fish except the bettas :( But I'll stop rambling.You can get corys at most petsmarts, I don't really shop at petco since there isn't one around me. But I do like the corys a lot. They grow fast too so I always make them get me the smaller ones and there is a good variety. I recomend the pandas but they are a little more expensive than the albinos usually.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:09 AM   #7 
RedFynn21

Awesome. Thanks for the input. I won't be doing a community aquarium for awhile...but when I do, I think I'll definately have to look into corys.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:10 AM   #8 
Shirleythebetta

These are my other bettaless community tank corys. Just got them a couple weeks ago so they are still babys and I can't for the life of me remember what type they are.
Attached Images

Old 01-21-2012, 07:14 AM   #9 
Shirleythebetta

hey I just found this video and someone was getting bad comments about keeping white clouds and bettas together because white clouds are cold water fish? I wonder if that is true. I never had a white cloud but IDK about that. Heres the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF78luaMvzI

Last edited by Shirleythebetta; 01-21-2012 at 07:22 AM.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:16 AM   #10 
RedFynn21

Pretty. I remember having a pleco with my other betta, and I thought it was the smaller kind. Not so much. It got a foot long.

ETA:

That's odd. I only concidered white clouds because I asked about what was compatible w/ bettas..and well, that's what was suggested to me at Petsmart. Hmm...

Last edited by RedFynn21; 01-21-2012 at 07:19 AM.