Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-20-2012, 07:13 PM   #1 
bettasusa

Man, I really need to STAY off here!

LOL. Every thread I read, especially those with photos makes it even more difficult to resist the temptation of getting just another one! lol Petsmart today was sooo hard to just look and not "pick-up" any of the bettas this time. I was stopping in to get frozen BBS and usually in this particular petsmart you walk in and there they are rite to the left and I noticed they didn't have any setup so I figured, "good no heartache today when I decide, naa I just can't have another one.." When I finished reaching for the BBS and turned around...well there they were! So a bolted towards the bird and small critter section of course after taking a really quick look at the few HM and dragon scale guys they had in today! lol just had to share. Maybe it will help reduce the temptation. Lu
bettasusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:33 PM   #2 
ManInBlack2010

i agree, i find that i have to limit the amount of time i spend in the photo section, i can't get another betta till my 30g is finished which will probably take another month at least...
ManInBlack2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:19 PM   #3 
Shirleythebetta

I don't even go to a store that sells fish willingly unless I can buy another betta. I cannot resist it at all. I bought two more than I was supposed to just today.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:28 PM   #4 
bettasusa

Shirley we need photos! lol Lui
bettasusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:00 AM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

I've made several impulse buys lately and I need to stop. lol It IS hard to go into a petstore and not walk out with a new betta.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:03 AM   #6 
Shirleythebetta

bettasusa, come visit my page I got an album for all the males individualy and the females as a sorority. My great aunts would probably kill me but I named all the girls after them and thier individual attitudes. I keep reasoning in my head, I have an empty 29 gallon and a lot more auntie's! My only issue with the pics is my stinking camera won't work right but you get the idea of their looks. They are still changing color from that stinking jar water so I will post more pics later. The male is so neat, a light chocolate brown color in the tail and his body is getting a purply shimmer. I want to get a good pic of him but grrrrr.... I need a new stupid camera.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:24 AM   #7 
fleetfish

Right now I'm at the point of "Do I HAVE to get another betta?"
I can actually go to a petstore, look at the bettas and if there are any that I particularly like . . . I can walk away! I ask myself a question: Do I HAVE to? I make a mental checklist of supplies. Extra tank? Lots of spare plants? A heater (especially in the dead of winter!!!!)? Food? If yes to all four .... then I dive in (also: I like to set myself to only get a certain colour, fin type, gender, etc). I've had bettas nearly nonstop for ten years or so and I'm at my lowest betta number ever which is awesome . . . at one time I had over forty O_o . . . I can't even fathom taking care of so many bettas these days.
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:52 PM   #8 
a123andpoof

I have this problem! It even got to the point I had to ask my sister if I could put a fish in her room! yesterday I did an impulse buy its hard not to look when my walmart sells them and I am at walmart 1 or more times a week!! So now I am trying to only buy certain types or colors and it helps that I am not overly fond of plain blue or red. I like more unique looking ones like marbles or the colors that just are not common or are flukes.
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote