Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-21-2012, 01:22 PM   #1 
KillerTofu

heater issue:x

Sorry guys, this topic is a little redundant but I'm having problems heating my 2.5g critter keeper. I currently have a 7.5 watt betta therm heater, It worked fine in my old room keeping the water at about 76-79 degrees. The problem is that I just moved to a new house, this house even with the heat on is frigid cold. I'm using a space heater to keep myself warm but I can't really put that too close to my tanks because I'm afraid of a drastic/uncontrollable change in temperature. Right now that mini heater is keeping the water at like 70 degrees MAX. the fish seems okay but I know he's freezing. I do not have money to buy a better heater right now, but I do have another 7.5 watt like that one laying around. So my question is, should I try and put the other heater in there with the one thats currently in there? Or just let it be the way it is and wait until I can afford a different heater?(which I'm not sure how long that may take, possibly 2 weeks D: )
Thanks in advance.
KillerTofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:17 PM   #2 
newarkhiphop

well if you have the other one just laying around the house wouldnt hurt none to put it in there.

I have a 1G kritter keeper also with 7.5w and it just about does the job, i almost picked up a 2 gallon kritter keep from petco the other day, but knew that 7.5 watt just wouldnt do the trick

next heater i planned on getting is this one

http://www.amazon.com/Elite-Submersi...1897674&sr=8-1

$16 25w , preset ,25w
newarkhiphop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:24 PM   #3 
bettafish15

To keep the heat in, wrap the tank with a towel or a housecoat. It makes a big difference.
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:27 AM   #4 
KillerTofu

KillerTofu is offline   Reply With Quote