Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-21-2012, 03:07 AM   #1 
LittleBettas

A Conversation with my BF on Aquarium Plants

So made a trip to petsmart today to pick up my new 10gallon... of course I went ahead and bought a new plant... my BF had a nice story to tell me about why AQ plants are DANGEROUS.... lmao

BF: What did you get from Petsmart?
Me: A new AQ plant
BF: Why would you do that?
Me: I like live plants, I plan to switch over to all... (he cut me off)
BF: Have you LOOKED at your tank (sorority)... the one you have in there has TAKEN OVER... it like the girls were just swimming and POOF... it was a jungle... now they are all scared because they are fish and they think they are in the wild!
Me: Um... I don't think it really works that way... they actually really like the live plants better than the fake ones... (cut off again)
BF: Your just blind... they were just swimming with their nice stationary plants and all of a sudden they were in a jungle and running into trees and SCARED
Me: There are no trees in my tank
BF: there might as well be with that MONSTER thing
Me: I'm going to start removing the fake ones once I get more live ones
BF: NO! Your stealing their ownly stability, they don't want to live in a jungle with other animals
Me: What other animals?
BF: Jungle animals!
Me: (BF) seriously.... it looks nice, they like it, and its better for them, there are NO wild animals in there and they don't think its a jungle... its more natural
BF: There is nothing natural about trees in a tank

and he turned on the music so end of conversation... lmao... he loves the bettas... but I think the live plants creep them out (they seem to REALLY like our water....)

Live plants: 1 thing of Hornwort, random baby moss balls (I think 3-4)

Day one:

Now:

LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:55 AM   #2 
MissPokemaster

This made me lol cuz my bf is the opposite. I got him all into fishes, he has a 55 gal with discus, clown loaches, tetra and a pleco. He's always lecturing me about fish health and plants and species and all of that, lol.

Your tank looks amazing tho! What's the big root thing though??
MissPokemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:58 AM   #3 
Bombalurina

Oh, piffle to him, I bet they are enjoying a lot more. More things to explore through! I know my girls enjoy their live plants.

Looks great, by the way. :)
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:08 AM   #4 
LittleBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPokemaster View Post
This made me lol cuz my bf is the opposite. I got him all into fishes, he has a 55 gal with discus, clown loaches, tetra and a pleco. He's always lecturing me about fish health and plants and species and all of that, lol.

Your tank looks amazing tho! What's the big root thing though??

Lol, my bf actually has no fish... he says he doesn't need any since he can look at mine, feed mine... but I do all of the maintenance (such a gentlemen, lmao)

Thank you
It's a big rooth... decoration!!! Lol, it was bought for when I had cichlids, but it fit in the 10 gal PERFECTLY and te girls love it (lots of nooks and crannies)
Old 01-21-2012, 04:09 AM   #5 
LittleBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
Oh, piffle to him, I bet they are enjoying a lot more. More things to explore through! I know my girls enjoy their live plants.

Looks great, by the way. :)
The LOVE it, Im going to have to start trimming it back a bit (I have new plants to add and the hornwort is covering the surface.. the girls are LITERALLY leaping onto the plant to grab a munchie)
Old 01-21-2012, 04:37 AM   #6 
MissPokemaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettas View Post
Lol, my bf actually has no fish... he says he doesn't need any since he can look at mine, feed mine... but I do all of the maintenance (such a gentlemen, lmao)

Thank you
It's a big rooth... decoration!!! Lol, it was bought for when I had cichlids, but it fit in the 10 gal PERFECTLY and te girls love it (lots of nooks and crannies)

Once again, lol, opposite! If I don't watch him, my guy will start fiddling with my tank when he comes over; asks me if I've fed them yet, and if I'm due for a water change he'll start messing with the filter and heater and everything! Although, it is kind of his tank, he bought it for me and set it up and even put my fish in it all when I was sick, so I guess he's still attached to it!

I thought it was a root! That's awsome, it's like the perfect little apartment for them! xD
MissPokemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:54 AM   #7 
LittleBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPokemaster View Post
Once again, lol, opposite! If I don't watch him, my guy will start fiddling with my tank when he comes over; asks me if I've fed them yet, and if I'm due for a water change he'll start messing with the filter and heater and everything! Although, it is kind of his tank, he bought it for me and set it up and even put my fish in it all when I was sick, so I guess he's still attached to it!

I thought it was a root! That's awsome, it's like the perfect little apartment for them! xD

Lol, I love cleaning tanks out (I find it peaceful) but I HATE lugging the buckets around for the 10s and the 5 gallon :-/ at least your guy is more than willing to help with it, my bf doesnt touch anything... when he sees me getting ready to do water changes he always tends to vanish, lmao.... he always pops up though when it's time to feed the girls though...

Isn't it awesome! I LOVE it!!!!! I haven't been able to find anymore (my mom got it for me YEARS ago)
Lol, it really is like a little apartment!!
Old 01-21-2012, 07:08 AM   #8 
Shirleythebetta

thats too funny, you know, when I got my Fishy back in August of last year it was all my fiance's idea. Now I have 2 ten gallon tanks and 2 one gallon tanks and a 1.5 gallon tank AND a 29 gallon in my bedroom thats supposed to be for anoles and a pacman frog (splitting the tank). Started out his hobby and the only thing he does is lift my 5 gallon barrels of water I keep for monthly changes on the 10 gallon tanks. Only, because I am to weak to lift them. I asked him about this. I asked him why it is that he wanted fish and I am taking care of them and learning and searching the forums and his response was "you do it so well honey" ugh can't wait to see when we are married and have our first youngin' I know I am not fooling anybody though. I do wish he would help more but I love my bettas and my other community tank. community tank 2 has 3 rainbow fish of some sort, two tiger barbs, three fire belly tetras, 2 cory, 2 oto, 1 dalmation molly and 2 black mollys. I have 29 fishys total. I need an even number though...... OH HONEY!.....
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:12 PM   #9 
LittleBettas

Lmao, AW... at least he helps you though!!! lol... Imma see if I can get my BF to help me with water changes on Thursday
Old 01-21-2012, 05:31 PM   #10 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

That was hilarious.
"now they are all scared because they are fish and they think they are in the wild!"
Heaven forbid fish be in the wild! xD
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote