Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-21-2012, 07:49 PM   #1 
Anitax3x

Thumbs up Updates!

So I picked up another girl for my 40 gal sorority today this is my 8th girl! yay! She had blue stress stripes , but I cleaned her cup water and set her to float for a few hours, so all the girls can get acquainted I released her in my tank, no issues, All my girls pretty much keep the peace amongst themselves and they don't bully whoever I add in. I started with 5 and I've been adding one at a time, with absolutely no issues. I'm not sure what color type she is or tail type because close up she looks like she has a bit of ct in her, so if anyone could tell me I'd appreciate it ! Also, She's unnamed, all name suggestions welcome!

Here she is in her cup of cleaned water

and here she is in the sorority

Here is Cruella DeVille a girl I picked up from petsmart last week, She was a marble and she was SO cute! I had to have her, but WOW she has gotten SO much color in literally one week. I cleaned her cup water, because she couldn't be taken home the first night, but here she is before

here she is after 1 week in the 40 gal sorority !

This is a shot of her with flash on, her fins are deep blue, and her scales are black.

and here is a total view of my 40 gal sorority

Enough with the girls, now I have updates on two boys!
One was a purple pink hmpk male I got from petco, He is named Hermey, as in Hermey on the island of misfit toys. I named him this because he was burned bad by ammonia, and he has a huge white "ear" rather than two even fins. He lives in a groovy lil 2 gal glass bowl in my bathroom, thats planted, and since I live in south florida stays at a great 78 ish ( surprisingly with showers and all his water stays really warm because my bathroom just stays warm all the time) So I find he doesn't need a heater SO, he has no heater. Welp hes healing up GREAT! still uneaven but I think its a genetic defect at this point and I love him just the same! Welp here is his BEAUTIFUL bubble nest, the first one he's made since I got him.

haha he looked at me like I was going to feed him, and you can see about how his one fin has a big white end, the other doesn't.

Last but certainly not least is Xcalibur, a Dragon HMPK who decided he HATES being in a divided tank, and chewed his tail to bits ... Well I put him in a planted 2.5 gal, with no filter, and lots of tlc, he is also in my bathroom. (its a big bathroom haha) So he stays around 78 too and I don't have a heater in his tank. Here he is guarding a rather large bubble nest

his tail is beautifully healed again!

welp Sorry for the massive post, I'm just happy because when I went to NY a bunch of my boys decided they hated having a big beautiful tail and they looked really shabby. My two DT males Leonitis and King Triton are healing up nicely since I redesigned their tank totally. I'll have pics of them soon. Welp Let me know what you think guys!
Anitax3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:08 PM   #2 
bettasusa

They are all very nice! I think your new female may be Mustard Gas Blue/Green body with Yellow fins. Good luck with adding her to the sorority!
bettasusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:13 PM   #3 
Anitax3x

Thanks!! I wasn't really sure but I thought she was too
Old 01-22-2012, 08:53 AM   #4 
Anitax3x

oh poo I thought people would respond more :(
Old 01-22-2012, 01:12 PM   #5 
betta lover1507

i love your marble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >-< she is SOOO CUTE i love her :3!!! and i like the last male

and yea your new girl is a blue mustard gas, she might be VT like luna because luna has webbing but not long almost like a combtail
i like the name:

misty
verla
stardust
goldie
honey
sparkles
starla
maya
kristie
dew
ace
therah
merela

am out

Last edited by betta lover1507; 01-22-2012 at 01:17 PM.
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 02:36 PM   #6 
Anitax3x

Honey sounds good for me !!!! I like that! oh and thanks I got the marble from petsmart for $0.99! isnt she cute!
and the last male was from Darkmoon! He's gorgeous! I would have gotten more girls from her if I wasnt so broke!
Old 01-31-2012, 10:03 PM   #7 
dramaqueen
Banned

The girls are beautiful! Is that first one a mustard gas?
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:19 AM   #8 
Anitax3x

Thanks DQ! And yes, after having some time in the sorority, she's blue bodied with yellow fins :) she's adorable! I ended up finding two more girls this weekend, I don't really have pictures but one is a yellow ct with blue streaks on her fins, and an all green vt, super emerald green.
:)
Old 02-10-2012, 11:25 PM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

They sound beautiful!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote