Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-27-2013, 11:51 AM   #131 
Sena Hansler

I don't think I'll use the bowl for more than quarantine. It makes my great canon camera take bad pictures because the glass is thick and flawed! I currently have fabric plants in Titan's 2.5. No filter, but when I plant it it will have a bubbler wall in the back. ^.^
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:52 AM   #132 
crowntaillove3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
What about me? I am using a 2.5 gallon... Don't "need" a 5 gallon... Or a 10 gallon... Just something that can be safely heated. 1.5 for me is minimum, but even those are a pain I want to make my 2.5 gallon into a planted tank.
I know that you are a breeder and have lots of fish, so I wouldn't be surprised if you are cramped on space. I am, too. I'm not saying that you need a 5 gallon, I'm just saying that the people that have the ability to own one and take care of it sometimes don't own one because they are uneducated.
crowntaillove3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:02 PM   #133 
Sena Hansler

Ahh ok basically a... "i have a .24 gallon tank" bull. Friend's sis had the dividable .5 gallon. I put him in a 0.5 heated quarantine and he was perfectly fine, and a lot happier. Mind you he could also turn around since it was a wide shallow container... Got her a 1.5 gallon with heater and light. That fish has not been happier or healthier.

And she claimed she was short on space. Yet this tank took up LESS space but was bigger.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:04 PM   #134 
wish4coner

I personally don't agree that we need a 5 gallon in every circumstance, but I do believe in filtration, room and live plants, as well as a heater. We obviously love this breed or we wouldn't be here. My 3 gallons are like large brandy sniffer glasses. They are extremely wide but only about 8 inches at the top. There is enough room for plants, gravel, a decoration for hiding (I use a clay pot, with the hole at the end stuffed with moss, so there is no danger). He has so much room, he is everhwhere in the bowl. 5 gallons are nice and are great. I like them both. But, right now, since we are constantly breeding here, the bowls are perfect and in pristine condition.
wish4coner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:47 PM   #135 
crowntaillove3

Bowls work fine if they are maintained properly.
crowntaillove3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:38 PM   #136 
Shiverdam

Quote:
Originally Posted by NozzALa View Post
At my local Walmart they have the Bettas set up below a shelf of those really small 'betta tanks' I looked closer at the 1/2 gallon and read 'With bonus divider for two betta display.'

.25 gallons per fish? Scumbags.
I actually have that tank, I bought it when I didn't really know better. It's strictly a QT tank now.
Shiverdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:53 PM   #137 
Canis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiverdam View Post
I actually have that tank, I bought it when I didn't really know better. It's strictly a QT tank now.
I got two of them, and now they are only being used until I can afford another two 3g and heaters. I feel so guilty keeping my poor fish in half gallons x.x I would never dare use the divider though, a fish could hardly turn around in it. Now I do daily w/c on both.
Canis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:58 PM   #138 
wish4coner

Petsmart sells these 5 gallon with dividers. They swear by them. Well, they never tried putting two males in them. I lost one because, the divider they come with has just enough room for the male to get through if he has the right body shape. I will never buy those again..and if I did, I would buy it for one..not to divide two. Lesson learned
Old 05-30-2013, 12:03 AM   #139 
Canis

Quote:
Originally Posted by wish4coner View Post
Petsmart sells these 5 gallon with dividers. They swear by them. Well, they never tried putting two males in them. I lost one because, the divider they come with has just enough room for the male to get through if he has the right body shape. I will never buy those again..and if I did, I would buy it for one..not to divide two. Lesson learned
I had the 2.5g betta wave divided tank from walmart once... Turns out that they never tested it with water inside of it, because there were spaces in between the divider when it was filled up. Sadly, I didn't notice it until it was too late. The terrible plastic they used eventually cracked several months later, and the LEDs went out after two weeks. So all in all, be cautious with this tank (not because its small, but because it has too many flaws): http://www.walmart.com/ip/Aquarius-B...-Pets/20699341
Canis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:06 AM   #140 
wish4coner

Yes, the one from petsmart was glass, and had a glass divider. I will never do that again. They get their own 3 Gallon bowl with plants, heater and filter--or they get a 5 gallon when they go on sale.