Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-02-2012, 03:53 PM   #21 
Cilenez

a little update...
today i was lucky to come across a plant sale at petco. they had JUST opened a box of plants delievered today. so i got to pick right out of the box before those plants got put into their holding tank. i HATE buying plants from a holding tank and not knowing what might be hiding in there and hitch-hike home.
this is what i got (i think, as there were no plant tags on them)
1 Anubias barteri 'Nana' OR Anubias barteri 'Petite'
1 Echinodorus osiris 'Melon Sword' (actually had a tag)
1 Cryptocoryne parva (by comparing to others in their holding tank that HAD tags)
they were buy 2 get the 3rd free..
here is a photo..

i also made a baffle for the filter..

i also made several leaf hammocks for all my bettas...

i also got a golden mystery snail... you can see it just under the log in the center of this photo...

i will get the plants planted in the next day or 2... if they prove to be too big for this tank, i do have a 20 gal planted tank i am working on i can put them in...

thanks for reading ...

Last edited by Cilenez; 02-02-2012 at 04:09 PM.
Cilenez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:54 PM   #22 
Oldfishlady

Good plant choices.....the Cryptocoryne parva is one of the smallest crypts and should do well...be sure and keep the crown slightly above the substrate when you plant it-same with the sword....the rosette plants do best with their crown slightly above the substrate-better to plant too shallow than too deep....
The anubias I am sure you already know that it needs to be anchored to something to keep the rhizome from being buried.
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 05:08 PM   #23 
Cilenez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfishlady View Post
Good plant choices.....the Cryptocoryne parva is one of the smallest crypts and should do well...be sure and keep the crown slightly above the substrate when you plant it-same with the sword....the rosette plants do best with their crown slightly above the substrate-better to plant too shallow than too deep....
The anubias I am sure you already know that it needs to be anchored to something to keep the rhizome from being buried.
thank you..
thank you for reminding me about anchoring the anubias. i will make sure to get a rock for it...

OH..
and the leaf hammocks are in there until i get the moss tree done. as there will be those areas to rest on too
Old 02-05-2012, 04:29 PM   #24 
Cilenez

UPDATE and UPGRADE...
today my hubby and i went to petco to get a few items. hubby noticed they had 15 gallon complete kits on sale with the petco card. 15 gal tank, 50 watt adjustable heater, 10 gal power filter, hood with light with a daylight bulb, and sample packets of water treatment and food. regular price $79.99, with card $39.99. hubby said why don't we get it.

here it is, still wanting for some of the substrate to settle. and still working on the bonsai tree.
Old 02-05-2012, 04:38 PM   #25 
Cilenez

while my male betta was waiting for me to set up his new tank, he decided to lounge around, watching me get things ready....
Old 02-06-2012, 11:44 AM   #26 
Oldfishlady

Nice find.....and you will need more tanks...lol....once you start with plants and they start to thrive.....you want to save all the weekly clipping and you will need more tanks....lol.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:30 PM   #27 
magpie

I'm not seeing any of your photos...?

What am I missing? Would love to see it as I'm going to set up a planted 15 gallon for a betta, some cories, and a small school of something. :)
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote