Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-23-2012, 09:00 PM   #11 
Sena Hansler

UGH I'm so upset over this I only got them Friday... At least Panda likes Honey... But still. her best friend might die, and there's nothing to do.

worst of all, Creature stopped drinking water today. only a little bit was gone by tonight... most of it from Panda.
Sena Hansler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:20 PM   #12 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I feel so bad for you, Sena. You're going through so many losses lately :(
<3 at least Creature will be comfortable her last few days and not in some filthy cage with no one that cares.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:24 PM   #13 
Sena Hansler

I still feel bad though :( especially now I know the certain signs of "too far gone" and she is basically almost there. D: Why do people have to be so cruel?
Old 01-23-2012, 09:36 PM   #14 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Most humans aren't "humane".
Old 01-23-2012, 09:47 PM   #15 
Sena Hansler

heh that's true :) I should have known...especially when the ad said "2 longhaired female guinea pigs" and the description was blunt, short and emotionless basically. And sure enough 2 underweight guineas are at my doorstep in a large cage... She shouldn't even be 1.4 pounds... Honey is 1 pound! and half her size.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:56 PM   #16 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Guess they're just bigger boned.
They were probably some children's pet that the children got bored of them. Parents always think that they can get their kid a pet and the kid will be dedicated and they won't have to touch it. Most kids get bored of things really easily, common sense. -__-
If I ever have kids, they're not getting any pets that I won't be willing to care for.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:00 PM   #17 
Sena Hansler

They are bigger boned... But, they should also be fatter too then Panda is a big girl. I think she should be topping out 3-4 pounds, Creature at least 2.5-3. I think Honey might be the itty bitty baby who'll only ever be 1.5 pounds. I'm giving them alfalfa and farm hay, alfalfa blocks, lettuce, peppers, cilantro, baby carrots.... They literally snatch that food like they had been starved to death. And well considering the pellets I was given with them were stale, I highly doubt real food was given to them often. I feed it every day... along with pellets, unlimited hay and water. I did my research before, during AND after having these guineas.

but the thing is.. they lied. They said "because of allergies." No. because for it to take THAT long for them to be that weight, that condition, and that cage to be caked hard rock solid with fecal matter... more than "we bought them a week ago and found we were sick" no it's a "we didn't want to care for them then decided instead of dumping them at the pound we'll give them away to someone"
Old 01-23-2012, 10:01 PM   #18 
dew

Awwwww. Don't people see!!! I wish they could experience being stuck in a cold wet filthy cage, with the smell of your own waste burning your nose and throat. It's so discusting. Your so right Olympia, most humans are not humane. I'm so sorry sena, at least she will know she was loved. Ps why must you separate them?
dew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:03 PM   #19 
Sena Hansler

I want to separate them for hygenic reasons. Panda does have a sore on her foot (receeding) that I don't want infected. The amount of urine (bloody urine) that Creature is expelling literally has soaked the entire cage, and I cleaned it yesterday with fresh bedding, hay AND clean fleece. Plus, it'll be easier to monitor

lots of sites are saying 10.00 for euthanasia bull load of bull. It really is more expensive.

Last edited by Sena Hansler; 01-23-2012 at 10:05 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:03 PM   #20 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

That's sweet. My best friend's older sister has this totally neglected bunny rabbit named Chub-Chub. Her sister can't take care of anything alive, and she has horrible allergies to him. She tried contacting the local rabbit shelter but they never respond to her o-o I would take him in a heart beat if I could. I already cut his nails (the first time his nails had to be at least 3cm, his feet were all crooked from them) and everytime I go over I feed him veggies from the fridge and play with him.