Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-23-2012, 01:37 PM   #1 
HatsuneMiku

where do u get your live plants?

all of the stores around here have pretty bad quality plants .. browning .. and pretty much look like they are on their way out and covered in snails .. x_x

so .. i want to look online for some plants .. anyone send me some recommendations as to a good site that sells healthy clean no snails plants =D

i'm looking for christmas moss .. java fern/moss .. and maybe amazon swords .. and some duckweed .. or anything that i can float in a bare bottom tank

thanks in advance guys !!
HatsuneMiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:58 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady

Have you checked to see if you have any local aquarium clubs...this is a great place to get live plants and usually for half the price...you can either google your area for local clubs or check in the back of aquarium magazine for a list....or tell me what state or country your in and I will see if you have one in your area...Remember that members in aquarium clubs can be all over your state even when the club itself in far from your location...its a great place to start and often you don't have to be a member or pay dues to buy plants or livestock....just a thought.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:05 PM   #3 
Bambi

^ what she said. xD The betta club in socal holds bi-monthly meetings and they sell their bettas/plants to each other.

Also, look on aquabid. there are ALOT of plants, just make sure it's legal to have them shipped to your state(like apparently I can't order regular water lettus, but dwarf isok? I dunno I was something weird like that xD. Or, post a want add somewhere. xD
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:50 PM   #4 
MarcusTheGreat

this guy is legit here is his youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/Dustinsf...?feature=g-u-u

and this is his web sit were he sells his plants

http://www.aquaticjungles.com/
MarcusTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:27 PM   #5 
HatsuneMiku

oo thanks guys !!

@bambi
would u mind PMing me about this betta club and where in so cali they are?
Old 01-25-2012, 02:12 PM   #6 
copperarabian

Sometimes people on craiglist sell clippings and plants
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:30 PM   #7 
Dragonii

Same thing around here. Nothing good to choose from. I just put out a shout on the local clubs forum to see if anyone has anything.
Dragonii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:40 PM   #8 
Pitluvs

Can you even import duckweed into Cali? I thought it was restricted there? lol
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:15 PM   #9 
HatsuneMiku

we have duckweed here .. my bf got some when he ordered some other plants online .. but i don't trust that site cus after he planted those he got an snail infestation D= .. he's been trying to catch them all an put them in a jar or something .. lol .. but he loves the duckweed .. he's been trying to qt some for me .. but they keep dying out and turning whiteish O_o is that normal?
Old 01-27-2012, 09:38 AM   #10 
Dragonii

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatsuneMiku View Post
we have duckweed here .. my bf got some when he ordered some other plants online .. but i don't trust that site cus after he planted those he got an snail infestation D= .. he's been trying to catch them all an put them in a jar or something .. lol .. but he loves the duckweed .. he's been trying to qt some for me .. but they keep dying out and turning whiteish O_o is that normal?
Snails are just part of the risk dealing with live plants. You can get them from even the best plant growers. I've even hear of people getting them from those pre-packed plants at Petsmart that say "o snails guarantee".

Easiest way to get rid of snails, get assassin snails. They hunt them down and eat them like little T1000s. They are also good at keeping sand agitated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=D5LG1lnvE44
Dragonii is offline   Reply With Quote