Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-23-2012, 05:54 PM   #1 
MaineBetta

Fluval Edge LED

I recently purchased the new Fluval Edge, with the LED lighting fixture. I have had the tank for like a wee, and today the light quit on me. The LED's are enclosed in a plastic case, in which the case was getting wet from condensation, and slight splashing from the filter, so my question is, does anyone know if this is what caused the fixture to fail, or? The only info I can find online is for the older models with the halogen bulbs.

Thanks, Jacob
MaineBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:13 PM   #2 
Dragonii

Contact Fluval. That's not normal. I have a 12 gallon Edge. Been running it for about a month and have no problems with the LED's. I even have the clear plastic light cover slightly in the water.
I also have the older 6 gallon (first gen) Edge. Yes, it had halogen lights, and they sucked. I replaced them with MR11 LED bulbs a long time ago.
Dragonii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:18 PM   #3 
MaineBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonii View Post
Contact Fluval. That's not normal. I have a 12 gallon Edge. Been running it for about a month and have no problems with the LED's. I even have the clear plastic light cover slightly in the water.
I also have the older 6 gallon (first gen) Edge. Yes, it had halogen lights, and they sucked. I replaced them with MR11 LED bulbs a long time ago.
I plan on calling them tomorrow. I contacted PETCO, but all they can do is replace the whole tank, and there is no way I want to take everything apart again. Hopefully they can help me out in a timely fashion. Has anyone had any dealings with Fluval or Hagen?
MaineBetta is offline   Reply With Quote