Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-24-2012, 03:50 AM   #1 
maggie9059789

Smile List Some Personality Or Charactor Traits That Your Bettas Have =)

Hey guys =) heehee so we're all here to learn about bettas and just talk about bettas right? Not ti mention we all love our bettas <3 heehee ;)

Sooo lets list some of the unique or cute and cool hings our bettas do and behave. Haha lets see what kind of interesting and unique bettas we all have.

I'll start off, okies so my little( but growing) boy is a red crowntail betta that I've gotten on september 5 th 2011. He's a gorgoues red crowntail with fins that are getting pretty long haha hope he doesn't have trouble carrying all that weight in the future
He acts really cute during meal time. I scratch this tiny plastic spoon on top of his 1.75 gallon and he swims to " The Corner" all hypered up opening his mouth constantly like he's barking ( awwww) and then it's really fasinating still to see him all of a sudden pause his lil dance and stays still and spreads his fins and i think he's using his lateral lines on his sides to check if a pellet has been dripped into his tank haha then about 15 mins after he's had his teo pellet he still diesnt give up and starts acting like a detrivore and scowers the bottom of the tank like on of those bottom feeders hahahhaa
I love how he hehhhhm " barks" everytime he sees me =) he's the reason why i now wake up early (er) for school and im never late anymore haha first thing i do when i wake up is feed him and have a but if fun and play wih his while feeding heehe then i just love " observing" him ahhaa that takes up, iunoo 20 mins of every morning? Hahahaha
Ooohh and he wiggles or " wags" his tail like a lil hyper puppy too when we " play" hahahaa i've even taught him to do some tricks, like wiggle up and down when i move my head left and right and he does these spins when i move my hand in a circle like motion. Haha im still attempting to make him follow my fingers but ni sucess yet hahahahha

My beloved Blazer's just like he puppy I never had ( and you know how tons of ppl want a puppy since they were little but their parents wont let them) hahaha yiu know what, Im pretty sure he's better than a lil ouppy haha nit that i would know what its like to hiw a dog xp

Sorrays for the rambling hahah okies NOW IT'S YOUR TURN!!!!! SHARE YOUR STORIES AND JUST SHARE COOL THINGS ABOUT YOUR BETTAS!

Hope you all have fun sharing and reading what we all wrote about

( btw sorry to ruin the moment and theme but did i even post this thread in the right section of the boards? Loool if nit im ssoooooo sorry i seriously didnt know whih catagorey this random rambling goes under so again sorry if this is wrong board)

Ps(Ugh turns out this is wrong board ahha woops. Sorries im on my ipod so i press tanks and such instead of betta care page i think it was sorry ill try to fix it later when im on a computer)

Last edited by maggie9059789; 01-24-2012 at 03:56 AM.
maggie9059789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:08 AM   #2 
Shirleythebetta

Hmmm, well I have a special girl, Patty who is a momma type. I see her break up fights in the sorority. Then there is Rose, she's a loner and doesn't like to be bothered except for food time. Captain (male crowntail) is layed back and is currently looking at his food hole waiting for breakfast. The only time he gets hyper is if I have to net him. Red is my big agressive veil. He flares at anyone that comes near him except me! Margaret is very emotional. And Shirley and Patty never leave eachother alone for too long. Oh and Shirley loves to be hand fed her blood worms.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:32 AM   #3 
a123andpoof

Lets see...Haruna is smart when her cup sank she managed to swim out the hole in the top, she also likes a song by Selena Gomez that plays on the radio all the time lol, Koi doesn't like to eat when he is being watched, Blinky is just plain shy, but is easy to catch, and my new girl I haven't noticed any cute or off behavior yet.
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:02 AM   #4 
DisneyBettas

LOL I think our bettas have as much personality as we do. Let's see...

Minnie- will NOT get into the bowl I use to house them when I clean their tanks. I have to put my hand in her tank and move her by hand lol. She also spits her food pellets at the tank wall closest to me after putting all of them in her mouth at once.

Dale- will chase me...whatever side of his tank I am on so is he. If I move to another spot so does he.

Chip- dances..literally. Anytime I go near his tank he will start dancing.

Daisy- I just got her about 4 days ago but she already shows her personality...she plays hide and seek. I will go to her tank and she will hide in her plants or cave and if I put my finger on the outside of the tank closest to her she will race to the top of the tank and then go "hide" again.

They are so comical that I get sidetracked watching them when I should be cleaning the house.
DisneyBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:05 AM   #5 
Leeniex

My fave is Rex, he will charge the front of his tank, flaring if anyone dares to walk across the living room.
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:59 AM   #6 
Shirleythebetta

Disneybettas I love your naming theme and they sound very comical. Leeniex Your betta Rex sounds a lot like my Red.
a123andpoof, (love your name by the way) I have a girl like that, patty who managed to hop out of the top of her cup and land in another cup with shirley.

Last edited by Shirleythebetta; 01-24-2012 at 11:03 AM.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:39 PM   #7 
MaxGreenMDE

Dahvie likes to "Play Dead" and scare me. I have a blanket I use to cover his tank for now until I get a heater. Well every time I lift the blanket up he stops swimming and turns on his side. I then get in my little "OH NOEZ" moment and then he turns back over and looks at me like "GOTYA!" and swims around all crazy from top to bottom.

He also greets me when I come up the stairs. I have the tank on the corner of my stairs up against the wall and he will swim to the side of his tank closest to the stairs to greet me.
MaxGreenMDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:51 PM   #8 
FinneyFin

Smile Moonlight

Moonlight dances for food. He wiggles up and down the tank and then waits at the top of the bowl. He will do this over and over until I drop food in the tank. He's a pig though,he won't stop..I have to ignore his cuteness sometimes.When I don't feed him,he stares me down across the room.He also dances anytime I come in the room.

Last edited by FinneyFin; 01-24-2012 at 12:53 PM.
FinneyFin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:18 PM   #9 
Sena Hansler

Rose will slap herself against the side of the tank, then plop back into the water, then do it all over again to get my attention.
Dally sulked when he was upgraded to a bigger tank... now he stays in a small stupid bowl that I HATE x.x
Conan the Barbarian matches his name so well. He bites HARD. When he goes after you, jumps out of the water, you can hear his little jaws snap
Jekyll likes to scare the heck out of me by "looking dead". He is also very mellow and does not do much...
Shadow stares at me while I am on the computer, but he is pretty gentle... He loves to flare at darker colors, NOT light colors ;)
El Dorado will only flare at light colors, not dark colors ;) He also fin bites if I do not give him at least 5 minutes of attention
Shiloh is a danger junky. Whether getting himself stuck, or trying to make the great escape. I'll blame that at his past experience of being beaten half to death by bigger, stronger fish...
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:30 PM   #10 
wallywestisthebest333

I've had to keep Firedrake in a jar for the past week because of the move back to school and into a different building but what I like about that is he moves whenever I move because he thinks he's gonna get food! XD

He's always so cute at meal time. He doesn't really dance or anything but he will beg. He also follows my finger around when I put them to the glass. =]

Otherwise he's pretty laid back but he does pull some seriously ridiculous jumps sometimes. 8/ He managed to jump out of his cup floating in the 5 gallon when there was a wall of plants growing out of the water right in front of it to deter such behavior. 8/ He split his dorsal in half. It's healed though. Only took like 3 days.

I'm hoping to clean my 5 gallon up some this weekend so that I can move him back in there and set up the filter again.

I also really love that I can watch him while I'm on my computer (his jar is on my desk).

I'm actually thinking about taking one of my sister's 3 gallon kritter keepers and putting him in there to keep him on my desk! =] Plus the Kritter keepers are easier to plant! :'D ahahahahahhaha.

Last edited by wallywestisthebest333; 01-24-2012 at 02:34 PM.
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
personality