Thursday I received 4 beautiful female Bettas and one of them took sick the next evening. The fish stores were closed and all I had to choose from at the megachain was Jungle Fungus Clear and Parasite Clear fizzy tabs. I bought both and decided to try the Fungus Clear. Yesterday she was very lethargic, just laying on the bottom of the tank. Today she is acting more like a healthy fish, but she's still swollen. She is not clamping her fins anymore and she's eating. I just wonder what this is and if it is a fungus, bacteria or parasite. I treated the entire tank as a precaution. The water they arrived in was a bit cold and the ammonia was .50. I put my biowheel in a container with the airline to preserve the bacteria and removed the carbon filter. I also added a 1/2 dose of aquarium salt. It's a 12 gallon with 3 cories and the 4 female Bettas. pH is right around neutral, temp is 78, ammonia 0. Fishless cycled for about 6 weeks then added the cories New Years weekend and had a mini cycle. I did a 50% WC and vac'd the gravel before medicating the tank and the instructions say a second dose can be given after 4 days and a 25% WC.
So my main concern is making sure I'm treating her properly. The Fungus Clear contains Nitrofurazone, Furazolidone and Potassium Dichromate. The Parasite Clear contains Praziquantel, Diflubenzuron, Metronidazone and Acriflavine.