Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-26-2012, 07:11 PM   #1 
dormfish

Sickly Walmart Betta is Sick.

This week my first betta, Odysseus died of SBD. After cleaning out the tank thoroughly with hot water to get rid of any contaminants, I purchased a sick little guy from Walmart. He has Red Streak, Eye Cloud, a probable gill infection, and has nearly no colors left on his body. Poor buddy:(
I brought him home and placed him in a nice 3 gallon complete with a heater, filter, and some silk plants. I know that Melafix can be rough on the labyrinth organ, but it works fast, and this guy wasn't going to make it another week on the self. I highly doubt that anyone would have bought him in his condition.
Good news is that his scales are already starting to grow back. I think he's a blue one, but it's still hard to tell with only the stubs of the scales showing at this point. He is also swimming around more. Melafix should fix the eyecloud and red streaking.

So, is there anything else I should do for him? (Besides giving him a name? lol)
dormfish is offline   Reply With Quote