Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-26-2012, 10:05 AM   #31 
Creat

I am very sorry and its not stupid to get upset of fish I still get upset over fish. I think that becuase you tried so hard to save him proves that you are a great fishkeeper. If your worried you can dry the tank out for 48 hrs. The heater thermometer anything glass is probably fine because its non porous. Anything bad should evaporate or die off. And sense you didnt have the tank cycled you wouldnt have to worry about that. Depending on where you got the heater I would go in and complain at least they could do is just replace the fish and the heater for free or refund your money. Any good store will because they want your service.
Go in and try to barter with them I have found fish that are obviously ill (velvet or ich or bloated and floating due to bad practices) but something treatable and I can get a discounted price and that way they loose some money I have gotten fish for about half off :) just because they were overfeed and floating. But if you really dont want to give the chain stores money. You could probably find someone online here who might be able to give you a great deal.
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:34 PM   #32 
AngesRadieux

They wouldn't do anything about the heater or the fish. I'd bought them more than 14 days ago. They told me to try calling the company about getting a replacement heater, but I don't want another top fin heater. Since Petsmart really didn't have any bettas that interested me, I poked around in Petco. Surprisingly, their bettas were in pretty good shape and I found a white halfmoon plakat who seems healthy enough. I'm hoping I have better luck with him...
AngesRadieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:40 PM   #33 
Creat

Thats really bad they wont do anything even about the heater. Leme at em I will cause them to cry lol! But honestly thats bad service... and I know you will have better luck with this next guy he was probably waiting for you to come get him :)
Old 01-26-2012, 06:51 PM   #34 
AngesRadieux

I was pretty angry. Even after I told them that the heater poisoned the water and killed my fish all the guy said was that I should call the company about a warranty and see about getting a replacement, despite the fact that I had previously stated I had no use for a replacement since I didn't trust that brand of heaters anymore. I ended up walking out without buying anything. I know losing one sale isn't a great loss for them, but I couldn't do much about it other than decide to not to give them my money.
AngesRadieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:55 PM   #35 
Creat

Thats beyond dumb I would have killed someone! I have such a temper when someone kills one of my babies >:(