Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-27-2012, 04:43 AM   #11 
yayagirl1209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfang View Post
I'd give it a few days just to be safe, I had bought an amano shrimp, and it took I think four days before he got snacked on. In fact, a week would be safer yet, of course if you have trouble getting any in stock then this may already be decided for you.

Hope your boy (who is handsome) leaves her alone. (I'm after some RCS myself!).
Thank you for the compliment on my boy. He doesn't seem interested in her at all anymore. No chasing. No stalking. No nipping. She's super brave. Coming out to the front of the tank. I'm hoping that continues to be the case! I'm gonna check out another LFS tomorrow. Just to see if they even have any in stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
Be careful with your Mopani - sometimes it is fine, sometimes it murders all your fish. Definitely boil the heck out of it multiple times and let it soak in a bucket or something for a good long while before adding it to the tank.
Thanks for the heads up! I'll boil it and possible bake it low and slow. Hopefully that will that will help kill the fungal spores that can kill my fish. While I continue my search for RCS, I'm gonna keep an eye out for cool pieces of malaysian driftwood. I'll hold off on putting the mopani wood in while I continue to look.
yayagirl1209 is offline   Reply With Quote