Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-24-2012, 09:56 PM   #1 
HayrideHaunter

Hi from me and Emmy!

Hello everyone!

My real name is Danielle, and I have a gorgeous little veiltail dude named Emanon. His name is "no name" spelled backward, because it took a long time to decide on his name haha (about 2 weeks!)

I have had the big guy for something like 3 months now, and he is my baby! I keep him in a 2 gallon tank that gets cleaned often (once a week at least!) and is carefully monitored. To keep him occupied, he has a marimo ball, a tropica fern, and an anubias!

Currently getting used to my new additions to my dorm room, I have a little (temporary) tank with 4 ghost shrimp! Their names are Wisdom, Courage, Power, and Applesauce! Long story about the names, though its kinda silly, message me if you wanna hear ;D

I am a 20 year old college student hoping to become an art therapist. I absolutely love art, my animals and plants (I have a huge number of the latter, too many for my little dorm haha) and I like working with people who have special needs. I wasn't always the smartest about fish, but since coming here I have become exceedingly knowledgeable and I feel confident in giving advice to new owners both in real life around me, and here on the site when I feel I can contribute.

Glad to be here!

~H2
HayrideHaunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:06 PM   #2 
wallywestisthebest333

You sound super rad! I think I saw you on the forums a long time ago but I can't remember if I said hi or not. I like that I've learned a lot more about you! I love your shimp's names! <3

Love your major btw! =]
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:35 PM   #3 
Boikazi4o9

Welome Danielle!
Is that Emanon on your avatar?
Also the name Applesauce got me laughing haha
Boikazi4o9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:59 AM   #4 
HayrideHaunter

Wallywest: Yeah we've spoken before! I miss this place...I stopped coming on last semester...few months ago. I have since lost my dearest Marbles, bought and lost a cute, fiery little red delta tail named Chili Pepper, and bought Emmy and the shrimpies. I have also, thanks to this site, helped two of my friends nurse bettas back to health!

Boikazi: I feel like I ought to say welcome to you! You still have a status as a new member and I am reaching for the 1000 post marker haha...however, thank you! No, Emmy is not my avatar, that is my beautiful crowntail, Marbles, who passed away early last September =(...he was my baby <3
Old 01-25-2012, 08:19 AM   #5 
Boikazi4o9

Ah I see, and thank you for the warm welcome. And I'm sorry for your loss; bet he feel lucky to had you.
Boikazi4o9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:53 PM   #6 
capeziodncr

I'm a college student as well! I just joined the site this week but have had bettas for years. Post pictures of your newest betta when you can!
capeziodncr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:48 PM   #7 
HayrideHaunter

I will be giving Emmy his first decent photo shoot this weekend I think! I will indeed post some =)
Old 01-26-2012, 03:07 PM   #8 
Oldfishlady

Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of Betta keeping....

Look forward to hearing more about your Betta keeping adventures.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:46 PM   #9 
HayrideHaunter

OFL: I've been here for quite some time now haha...over a year! I just never posted this. You've actually helped me yourself with some stuff with my previous betta, Marbles. Thank you for the warm welcome though!
Old 01-29-2012, 03:36 PM   #10 
dramaqueen
Banned

Welcome back, Danielle.I'm sorry for your loss.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote