Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-24-2012, 10:57 PM   #1 
Tappy4me

Just out of curiosity...opinions?

Hi all! This is just me fantasizing.... I'd love to maybe breed Tango one day when I have room to setup everything properly. I love his coloring, and love his personality.

This will probably never happen...but I just thought I'd get ya'lls thoughts on potential pairs. :) I can dream, can't I?

Video of him flaring: Tango Flaring - YouTube

Tappy4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:12 PM   #2 
betta lover1507

he is highly gorgeous, i would breed him if i where you , also from looking at people's spawns (IMO) mostly the finnage of the mom and colors of the dad, i could be wrong since the mother takes more dominant genes in the spawn.

i dream about spawning my fish all the time
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:21 PM   #3 
Tappy4me

Quote:
Originally Posted by betta lover1507 View Post
he is highly gorgeous, i would breed him if i where you , also from looking at people's spawns (IMO) mostly the finnage of the mom and colors of the dad, i could be wrong since the mother takes more dominant genes in the spawn.

i dream about spawning my fish all the time
I'd love to breed him...but I don't have the space to setup for it. *sigh* Wish I had someone near me who was interested! Id love to get a baby from him. :3
Old 01-24-2012, 11:29 PM   #4 
betta lover1507

me too right? there is no betta breeders in IL D: it sucks. i barley began and have one fry that is 2 months old but WAYY under his size 0-0
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:20 AM   #5 
Bambi

pretty boy, we get alot of orange dal VT's here.
Onthe color/finnage thing it takes a bit from both. x Such as just because your male is orange and your female is DT doesn't mean you get orange DT fry, lol.
Also, from what I've seen/read, I don't think orange dal females show the spots on their fins(granted probably because their fins are shorter).

If you're motivated enough there is ALWAYS room. xD Sadly not always the money to start it up(once you have the basics like tank and heater though the cost per spawn goes way down. xD).
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:15 AM   #6 
Tappy4me

Oh I can afford it...problem is I don't have a place of my own yet. I can really breed them while I'm still living here. My parents really would kill me. XD
Old 01-25-2012, 10:12 AM   #7 
bettalover2033

Tango looks beautiful! I especially like the long pink strip on his anal fin. If you do decide to breed him, look for a really nice dalmatian female to go with him. Or try to get a nicer light color to go with him or you will have the red wash in the fry.

Good Luck!
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:29 AM   #8 
Tappy4me

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettalover2033 View Post
Tango looks beautiful! I especially like the long pink strip on his anal fin. If you do decide to breed him, look for a really nice dalmatian female to go with him. Or try to get a nicer light color to go with him or you will have the red wash in the fry.

Good Luck!
would a white or pinkish cellophane female go nicely with him? I'm just dreaming right now.

He blows me a bubble nest every day. Right now there is a 3" x 2" one in his tank. Silly boy. :)

Last edited by Tappy4me; 01-25-2012 at 10:41 AM.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:15 PM   #9 
bettalover2033

If I had a choice to breed him, it would be to a red cambodian female and if not, then it would be to a (pink-ish cello) as you have stated. IMO the pink cello will compliment his colors very well and the white cello will also go nicely because of the interesting color it would put off. Also I would probably take my chances and breed him to a white and red or white and blue marble female. Maybe even a yellow to get some interesting variations.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:32 PM   #10 
Bambi

For a female, I'd get an orange girl. Orange dal + orange from what I've read can give you about 50% orange dals ifyou have luck on your side(of course nothing is ever set in stone)
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote