Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-25-2012, 10:25 PM   #1 
Enkil

Is this a problem?

Hannibal's personality has taken a drastic change and I just want to make sure that it isn't going to cause him any issues...

I did a 100% water change today. All parameters are good. I have left his filter out until Friday as I fear it was beginning to muck up his water. The water he was in during the cleaning did get cold. I'm not sure how cold, but I know it was colder than he should have been in.

Now back in his clean tank, he isn't acting like himself. For those of you not yet aquianted with Hannibal, he is a pretty "laid-back" guy. Other than some biting(how he got his name), he has been a lover. He dances for me several times a day (not counting his "feed me" wiggle). Until a few days ago, he never flared. Since buying him, he had only flared a handful of times (between 2-5). Now though....

He is flaring at anything and everything including nothing at all. Is this a problem? Can he hurt himself doing this? Am I just worrying too much? I'm already beginning to miss my dancing Hannibal...
Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:30 PM   #2 
Thomasdog

Probably Just A Growth Stage

Hopefully he is just growing and going through 'puberty' he probably just wants a mate and is showing off. Hopefully, soon he will go back to normal, all fish are different. Just look for health warnings and keep and eye on him. Otherwise, just ride it out.
Thomasdog is offline   Reply With Quote