Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-26-2012, 06:39 PM   #1 
aqua001

Exclamation Salt?

My bettas have been pretty lethargic lately so I diecided to add some 100 percent natrul sea salt. Together they need about one and a half gallons of water so I put in about a half of a teaspoon. Aqua who lives in a one gallon has shown improvement. (coming up to greet me, swimming around more often etc.) Rainbow on the other hand has not shown improvement at all and is still sleeping 24/7( check out won't wake up! Thread in the emergencies section) can someone tell me if. Should continue salt and why aqua is fine with salt while rainbow in not improving? Thanks
aqua001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:14 PM   #2 
Bombalurina

We need more details. :) Go to the Disease section of the forum and fill out the form giving details about your tank such as tank size, heating etc. :)
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:28 PM   #3 
EvilVOG

salt should really only be used for fungal and bacteria infections. If you're not sure you shouldn't use it.

And if it's SBD (sometimes Lethargy is a symptom) you use Epsom salt as a treatment, and that's Magnesium Sulfate, completely different than sea salt.

Sometimes fish will show false signs of improvement in salt, it's mostly just them reacting to the fact they don't really like it. I'll look over your other post in a second to see if i can be more help.
EvilVOG is offline   Reply With Quote