Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-25-2012, 11:21 PM   #1 
LyzzaRyzz

Rat lovers! Forum question!

So, I'm a longtime rat lover and owner, and currently looking for a forum, as insightful and caring as our own BF and TFK forum! So far I've heard of rat list, on yahoo, though I've sent my invite to the forum manager, an haven't gotten accepted or gotten a reply back. =[
There is rat palace, which is an invaluable resource, but the forum has been moved and closed.
I'm at a loss to find some place to rant, rave and talk to other rat fanatics!
LyzzaRyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:48 PM   #2 
Bombalurina

+1. I am on the ratlist, but I'm not a massive fan.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:26 AM   #3 
LyzzaRyzz

Betta fish is so awesome I want to find the same for my ratties! I love my girls!
Old 01-27-2012, 05:23 PM   #4 
VikingPrincess

A good forum for information is 'The Rat Shack'. I am just a lurker there though,because I find people there can sometimes be condescending.

I don't know of anymore RAT only forums,because the main one I used (RMCA) seemed to of closed down. I cannot find it anymore. There is also 'Goosemoose', but I find that is similar to 'The Rat Shack'.
VikingPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:10 PM   #5 
Pitluvs

I would highly suggest against The Rat Shack, 100% hands down. The forum is full of better than thou members, very cliquish, and unless you have top of the line products and feed the best of the best, you're picked apart. I was a member for a few years on there, and it got the the point where I had to leave. Heaven forbid you have a different opinion than a Mod (who all know each other personally), they will tear you apart. The last issue that went on there was a bunch of them calling the local SPCA on a woman and telling them she was a puppy mill so they would go to her house and remove her pet rats. And also, the Admin and Mods were caught talking about members and making fun of them in the private area of the forum. 100% would not recommend this forum. My nickname is the same on there, I have nothing to hide.

As far as that, I have not found a great rat forum. I would never join Goosemoose as they kinda promote rat breeding/breeders and seeing as I only support rescue.... blah.

Good luck.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:23 PM   #6 
LyzzaRyzz

Yeah, i joined rat shack, but found they were kind of condescending, and like you said, holier than thou. A good resource, but i think ill stick with BF! Even a betta website has rat lovers who are actually willing to help/talk without preaching and thinking your abusing your rats cause you dont have a ferret nation!
*sigh* BettaFish/TFK is a gem among stones.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:32 PM   #7 
MandiceP

I am a fellow rat lover at heart. I don't currently have any but I have owned a fair few in my days. I used to be an active member of Rat Chatter but I'm not sure if that site is still up and running or not. :/ I loved every one of my rats, even the first one I had that I swear to this day hated me... lol So Anyone want to chat about rats can feel free to pm me!

I even went as far as to have my (favorite, shhhh don't tell) male, Oromis's Photo professionally taken, lol

There's my little man. I miss him so much! It's been over 2 years since he died. :( oh well. It stinks how short their cute little lives are. That is probably the reason I don't have any right now, can't deal with the heartbreak.
MandiceP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:36 PM   #8 
Pitluvs

Hey now, I have a ferret nation and I feed harlan teklad haha You'll always find people who are great with other types on animals on a fish forum (or whatever forum you're on). We have lots of great rat owners on here!

I've owned rats for almost 10 years, sadly I have 5 boys now but I won't be getting more rats after they pass. I lost my twin brothers this summer (23 and 24m) and my heart isn't in it anymore. They took my heart with them :(

Here they are (black hooded, Sam and Dean) with Stewart (these were our first three after a short break). I lost Stewart a year ago from chronic URI :(

Last edited by Pitluvs; 01-28-2012 at 02:43 PM.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:38 PM   #9 
LyzzaRyzz

I know what you mean. My heart rat, Creature, a black hooded, lived an amazing 3.5 years! I was so crushed when she passed..She had moved to three different states with me, and was with me during the hardest part of my life..she was always there with a chutter and a snuggle, and in her old age, was the biggest cuddler ever. I still get sad, even though its been two years.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:42 PM   #10 
LyzzaRyzz

Aw pitluvs! Im sorry you feel that way...I think ill always have ratties...each one had held a special place in my heart, but i know that there are always more looking to chutter thier way in..its devastating when they pass, but I like to keep a balance of old and young, so i always have youngins to dote on when an older rattie passes...

I may get to a point where i cut myself off, bjut i just love having thier little faces in my room..my mom calls me crazy and my boyfriend thinks it exsessive for them to have three cages, but nothings too much for my babies!