Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-26-2012, 04:17 PM   #11 
TheJadeBetta

Is it best to get a 5 gallon with two dividers, or a 10 gallon with three dividers? Either one.

Anyways, if you have dividers do you need a heater for each division? Or one for the whole tank? You just need 1 heater for the whole tank.
Also, what is the best heater to get? I personally like my Adjustable Marineland Visi-therm the best.

Same question for the filter.. Just 1 filter/pump for the whole tank. I love my Marineland Penguin.

And about how much does it cost to get everything? Get the 5 gallon kit at walmart for about $30, dividers about $5, and a nice heater for about $25. Cost you about $60 to $75.
TheJadeBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:55 PM   #12 
kfryman

If you are gonna divide a tank, don't get the bow tanks. The front curves and will make dividing a pain, and it may look ugly.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:57 PM   #13 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Don't worry about your mistake, we all make them.
The important part is that you came on here and realized you made a mistake, and fixed it. Most people just let their fish rot in those tiny thanks :(
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:16 PM   #14 
emeraldamykate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfryman View Post
If you are gonna divide a tank, don't get the bow tanks. The front curves and will make dividing a pain, and it may look ugly.
I'm planning on getting a simple rectangular glass tank, but thanks.
emeraldamykate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:17 PM   #15 
emeraldamykate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJadeBetta View Post
Is it best to get a 5 gallon with two dividers, or a 10 gallon with three dividers? Either one.

Anyways, if you have dividers do you need a heater for each division? Or one for the whole tank? You just need 1 heater for the whole tank.
Also, what is the best heater to get? I personally like my Adjustable Marineland Visi-therm the best.

Same question for the filter.. Just 1 filter/pump for the whole tank. I love my Marineland Penguin.

And about how much does it cost to get everything? Get the 5 gallon kit at walmart for about $30, dividers about $5, and a nice heater for about $25. Cost you about $60 to $75.
Thank you! :)
Old 01-26-2012, 09:19 PM   #16 
emeraldamykate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
Don't worry about your mistake, we all make them.
The important part is that you came on here and realized you made a mistake, and fixed it. Most people just let their fish rot in those tiny thanks :(
Thank you. It makes me feel a LOT better that no one is bashing me for my mistake. At least I'm fixing it. :)
Old 01-26-2012, 10:34 PM   #17 
Daisykd

I must admit emerald I made the same mistake as you. I went and bought one of those half gallons and thought my betta would be fine in it. After finding this board(which I am most grateful for) I now have Arthur Rory in a nice 5 gallon tank all to himself.
Daisykd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:22 AM   #18 
emeraldamykate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisykd View Post
I must admit emerald I made the same mistake as you. I went and bought one of those half gallons and thought my betta would be fine in it. After finding this board(which I am most grateful for) I now have Arthur Rory in a nice 5 gallon tank all to himself.
I'm also so glad I found this board. I don't know how long my little guys would survive if I hadn't. I'm just really upset with myself for getting a pet before doing research on it. But I'm also upset at PetCo for not informing me that the "tank" I was buying wasn't proper. If they had told me about the proper setup they would have gotten more of my money.. I would have much rather bought the proper thing up front than have to go back and get something else.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:34 PM   #19 
Daisykd

Yeah I found another betta today that I'm thinking about getting when I can get him a proper 5 gallon tank of his own next week. So excited.
Daisykd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:07 PM   #20 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Ahahaha, it did not take you long at all to get addicted to betta I see!
They're just so lovable if you take the time to care for them properly.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote