Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-28-2012, 12:25 AM   #21 
Daisykd

Me? Yes I love them now thanks to this board.
Daisykd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:26 AM   #22 
dramaqueen
Banned

no one is going to bash you for making a mistake. We've all been there done that. lol I started out with mine in .5 gallon vasws and while I don't have all mine each in their own 5 or 10 gallon, they're fine in their 1.5 and 2.5 gallons.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:00 PM   #23 
Laki

Nobody mentioned how beautiful your betta boys are!!! Yikes!! I love them! They look amazing <3<3
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:02 AM   #24 
emeraldamykate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
Nobody mentioned how beautiful your betta boys are!!! Yikes!! I love them! They look amazing <3<3

Thank you so much!
I went today and got everything to have a proper set up for my boys and I wound up getting another! I have a 10 gallon tank that I'm going to split in three for them. I'm so excited, but I cannot for the life of me figure out these tank dividers. It probably would have been easier to just make them! But I wanted to have my tank set up as soon as possible. Ugh. Fail! Lol.
emeraldamykate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:47 AM   #25 
Daisykd

Hercules looks really cool.
Daisykd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:14 AM   #26 
Myrtaceae

10 years ago now (when did I get so old...) I started with one boy in a small tank hidden in a closet. No one should bash you for researching :D

As for tank dividers. Michaels sells the plastic mesh for .59c per sheet. I highly recommend it-- I just bought some today because some girls of mine decide their filter was a cool place to hang out.

Aquarium silicone is easy to find-- just look for tubes that say 100% silicone. Mine are "GE Premium Waterproof Silicone". They say they aren't for fishtanks, but that's a liability thing. As long as they are 100% silicone you are okay. Avoid anything that doesn't say 100% silicone, because they may have additions. I've found the GE brand at both Walmart & Lowe's. I let any new decor cure for at least 12 hours before I introduce it.

Beware, once you realize the power of silicone you will start silicone-ing random things together...PM me if you want any ideas.
Myrtaceae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:34 AM   #27 
emeraldamykate

So I just take mesh and use silicone to glue it to the tank?
Old 01-29-2012, 03:56 AM   #28 
Myrtaceae

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldamykate View Post
So I just take mesh and use silicone to glue it to the tank?
You could, but if you want it to be more stable you want to give it something to hold on to (don't underestimate how much these guys want to get at each other! lol). Most people seem to use plastic page holders-- like you would if you had a multi-page report to turn in, I'm not sure how to describe them. They are like plastic triangles that hold pages together.

Anyways, you want to use those & silicone them together.

I've made my own silk flowers and my own rock statues, but all of my boys have been in separate tanks, so you might want the knowledge of someone else to fully answer this question.
Myrtaceae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:25 PM   #29 
emeraldamykate

Okay, so here it is! I absolutely love it. It could still use some plants, but I think it's great! What do you guys think? :)

And this is my new fish Sparrow. Like Jack Sparrow. Hence the pirate theme! :D
Old 01-29-2012, 03:40 PM   #30 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Love the black/white gravel contrast!
And the fish! His colours are lovely!

Is that topfin gravel? I was going to get it, but I read some reviews that the colour leeches into the water and doesn't hold up very long, so I'd watch for that. The white gravel should be fine however.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote