Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-26-2012, 12:48 PM   #1 
dormfish

Female betta in a 10 gallon?

So I was at Walmart yesterday, looking for a new betta after Odysseus passed. I bought a sickly crowntail with barely any scales left on his body, but there was this little female that was just pleading at me with her little eyes. She was so meek. Barely any scales on her, you could see her organs. I'm half-tempted to go back and buy her. I would have to put her in my 10 gallon. The tank consists of 3 guppies, 2 platys, and a little albino pleco. I know I have the room, but would these tankmates work with a lady betta?
dormfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 02:34 PM   #2 
copperarabian

I think you tank has too many fish in it, unless they're all very young.

Personally I'd go buy her. But talk to the costumer surface and nicely explain that you really like this fish but it's not healthy and you would like a discount on it. They should give you about 10% off.

Last edited by copperarabian; 01-26-2012 at 02:36 PM.
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:55 PM   #3 
dormfish

I used an aquarium capacity calculator, and I have enough room. The pleco is very small yet, and they grow slowly. When he gets bigger, I'll have to move him, but at the moment, it should be fine. I do weekly 25% water changes when I siphon the gravel.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:54 PM   #4 
fishy friend2

Neve use those calculators, Thay usually not hel at all, and I think that your stocking is absolutely fine, and I think that you could get a femal betta if you want
fishy friend2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:34 PM   #5 
dormfish

Someday I'd like to have a betta sorority. Perhaps after I move out of the dorms and have more space. A nice 20 gallon tank with some betta gals. I hope the little girl is still there. :\
Old 01-28-2012, 11:36 PM   #6 
dormfish

UPDATE: I went back to Walmart and she was still there!!! :D Picked her up and I say, "There's my girl!!" My friends were a bit confused. lol. The little girl, Rosey, is settling in my 10 gallon community tank. She is very curious of the albino pleco. XD