Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-25-2011, 08:36 PM   #1 
betta lover1507

HM red X VT bi-color

well i got strawberry my VT female, and chili pepper my HM male.
i spawned them 3 times and 2 batches died and i spawned them this Tuesday which they spawned in in the 22nd, and the fries hatched in thanksgiving night =]] thanks giving babies .so hopefully they spawn

i have a heater, my potato lol, a live plant thing in the tank, egg yolk, and hikari first bites, my mom will buy the HBH fry food soon. am gonna get BBS but could i get them from stores? cause my parents don't trust internet
and the tank is not even half-filled cause it is a 27 tall ways tank, i have a filter too. so i feel kinda ready now. hope every thing goes well

strawberry:

and chili pepper:

betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:00 PM   #2 
bettalover2033

I think you might be ready. Though just to check, Do you have a Spongefilter?

Just personally I wouldn't recommend the potato. Many would, but I dont think it works that well. Its cleaner than the egg yolk method too. You are definitely going to want to get a sponge filter in there (if you dont have one) because of the egg yolk and potato.

Also I don't think it's best to breed HM to a VT. I'm sure you know it will create undesirable fry. Though I like experimental breeding so just as a pointer, be careful. Also beware that they are going to be hard to adopt out or sell.

-BL2033
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:03 PM   #3 
betta lover1507

i have no CT, HM, DBT, etc females i HAD CTs but they died several months ago i only have VTs but strawberries colors are so pretty. i actually use a net to catch some leftover of the potato and put the water through the net and have the water in another container to put in the spawn tank.

ama get one soon, but if i can't could i use a underwater filter with a sponge in it, it is pretty dang small its actually for 3 gallons, i used the filter before on fries but not betta's they where platy total was 20 one died when i received them, another died but not in the filter, . so i had 18 before my dad made me get rid of them =\. it is a little custom to slow and fast, so would it be fine?
also there 5 days old , so there free swimming chili still tries to catch them and put them in the nest i'll take him out tomorrow but i feel so bad when i do >.< like he wants to stay with them but i can't allow that never let him stay in there for long and obviously gets depressed, has anyone tried the "father with fries" method??
Old 11-27-2011, 07:21 PM   #4 
bettalover2033

Well I think the filter will be fine. Just put a sponge on it (as you said).

Father with Fry method I heard is hard, and from reading the article on www.bettysplendens.com, I know now that is is mostly for experienced breeders, as it is very tricky. Good Luck with it.

-BL2033
Old 11-29-2011, 07:48 PM   #5 
betta lover1507

tricky.. uhh i can't do that this is my 3rd time having fries :P so am not gonna make it with that one. also i cannot give that great care because katrina has dropsy :''( i only have her for a week, so am not gonna be doing good, also it ... it's gonna be dec 1 =''[ and thats the day when my cat gave birth to my kitten called "avalanche" and some one stole him months ago so i might not be going on as usual

so the fries are almost a week old, still to small for my camera, there swimming freely i took out chili into a 5 gallon, pretty sad so when katrina had dropsy i took out my females put them in containers, and put strawberry beside him so he has like stimulation i guess? but the fries are doing good but some still stay next to the nest, i feel bad >.<
Old 11-29-2011, 09:52 PM   #6 
Gloria

did you say you have a potato in there?
Gloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:26 PM   #7 
betta lover1507

no lol :P i have a potato in a container and i just need the water not the potato lol

but katrina gotten bad over day =''[[ i wish i could help her
Old 11-30-2011, 07:34 PM   #8 
bettalover2033

Whats wrong with her?

-BL2033
Old 11-30-2011, 11:26 PM   #9 
Gloria

oh ok.
I am sad to hear that Katrina has drospy. I lost my favourite boy to it a few months ago (male in my avatar)..
Gloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:40 AM   #10 
bettalover2033

Oh sorry, I didn't really notice that we were talking about HER having dropsy.

I lost one or two of my fish to dropsy. That is one of the most difficult sicknesses to cure. I have never succeded. But my friend used a treatment that she got from walmart and it worked amazingly. I cant remember what it was, but I was so surprised that the fish survived.

If you have a walmart near or around you, I suggest looking around there for some treatments.

-BL2033