Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-10-2012, 12:15 PM   #1 
cp6445

wow, a jumper

I currently fighting some pretty aggressive fin rot (I think) in Keller, trying to win the battle before it reaches his body, so I'm having to open his tank lid to add meds, etc, and he's used to me opening his lid to either play or feed him, and he just got so frustrated (or attention seeking) that I had his lid open and my arm was sort of laid across the top as I dosed his medication and he leapt at my arm! Full body out of the water. Scared me half to death! I know bettas are jumpers, but Keller's never really been one, so I think it's adorable.

Wish me luck with the fin rot- I will be devastated if I lose him, he's my only fish.
cp6445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:28 PM   #2 
Myates

Aww.. good luck! What/how are you treating him?

I have a jumper too.. my girl jumps out of the water a few inches each time I open the lid. Regardless what I'm going to do, she jumps. I've learned when it's feeding time, to quickly toss in the food and move my hand back- don't know how many times she has jumped into my hand, or has hit herself on my fingers lol. Scares me every time..
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:43 PM   #3 
cp6445

Tetracycline and aquarium salt, with the recommended water changes. We're on day 2. Might add Maroxy, though it doesn't look fungal.

I was out of town and came back to shredded fins:( But Keller is as crazy active as ever. I just hope I can stop the progression before it reaches his body.

Good luck with your jumper!
Old 02-11-2012, 01:40 PM   #4 
EimajElocin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp6445 View Post
I currently fighting some pretty aggressive fin rot (I think) in Keller, trying to win the battle before it reaches his body, so I'm having to open his tank lid to add meds, etc, and he's used to me opening his lid to either play or feed him, and he just got so frustrated (or attention seeking) that I had his lid open and my arm was sort of laid across the top as I dosed his medication and he leapt at my arm! Full body out of the water. Scared me half to death! I know bettas are jumpers, but Keller's never really been one, so I think it's adorable.

Wish me luck with the fin rot- I will be devastated if I lose him, he's my only fish.
Good luck! My betta got fin rot. I bought some medicine and about 2 weeks later his fins look perfectly fine!
EimajElocin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:08 PM   #5 
cp6445

Hey EimajEocin, what did you treat your fin rot with? Did your betta's fins actually grow back in 2 weeks? How bad were they? Please help!

Thanks!