Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-27-2012, 02:37 PM   #1 
dormfish

Walmart Rescue Fishy Needs a Name!

This last week, my first boy, Odysseus passed away. :( I found a sickly little crowntail at Walmart the other day and brought him home with me. He has a lot of medical problems at the moment from poor water quality at the store. I am currently treating him for cloud eye, red streak, and nitrate burns. On top of that, he had no scales on his body whatsoever. Fortunately, he is recovering well now, and his scales are starting to grow back. I'm not sure what color he is for sure yet, but he seems to be either a blue or green.
So all I need is a name... he is very friendly and curious about everything, if it's any help.
dormfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:43 PM   #2 
a123andpoof

Pictures would be nice! Would love to see some before, now and eventually after pictures to!
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:50 PM   #3 
dormfish

I totally would, but I accidentally forgot my camera at my house over Christmas Break. Still waiting for Mom to mail it up for me. I also learned a little while ago that he loves water changes. I was just going to vacuum the substrate a bit, so I left him in the tank. He watched passively as I cleaned up a bit, but when I went to put new water in, he was having the time of his life! He would swim under the cup, and swim in the current as the water poured into the tank. XD
Old 01-27-2012, 04:13 PM   #4 
HayrideHaunter

I bet he loves the clean water! And room to swim! Probably a result of his past haha...its a great thing for him to love!

I'd love to see a video of a tank cleaning with him being so silly XD
HayrideHaunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:26 PM   #5 
a123andpoof

Depending the size of tank he might like a filter? The name that comes to mind is salmon lol because they go against the flow of water (during breeding season)
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:55 PM   #6 
dormfish

No worries, his tank is complete with a filter and a heater. :) He loves sleeping behind his filter.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:11 PM   #7 
underdebate

A few suggestions:
- Farris (means 'strong', although personally I'd always mistake it for 'Ferris')
- Vilmos ('determined fighter' <3)
- Tyrell (which means 'stubborn', and is Norse-mythology related if you're into that!)

Somewhat off-topic but oh gosh, yours sleeps behind his filter too? I recently just lost my last one, Dove, but he'd sleep behind his filter all the time and I thought it was just him being a weird little goof. Nice to know.
underdebate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:17 PM   #8 
LucyLore

I agree with underdebate's "Vilmos". It's a strong name for a fish on his way back to health!
LucyLore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:43 PM   #9 
dormfish

Fishy has a new name... we call him Kyle. XP lol. The name just fits him somehow. Thanks for the suggestions, anyways, guys XD