Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-17-2012, 11:22 PM   #21 
DormDrax

oh I see, so it was a lie.

Another week of no change, here. He had not gotten better.

So do tell...
What does anyone think?

Oh but I was a bad owner earlier... Pouring the water from the bowl into the sink the drain plug is broken so it was out and Drax slipped out when I sloshed the bowl to get a large poop out. He nearly went down the drain hanging halfway in... Carefully I got him to jump into my hand and I got him back in the water the sink wasn't dirty so I doubt it harmed him. He's fine, so weird... He's still quite energetic when,,, he wants to be.
DormDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:54 AM   #22 
DormDrax

Nothing?
Old 02-19-2012, 05:09 AM   #23 
ravenwinds

How sad...I'm so sorry that I have no ideas or suggestions...is he getting more pale? Your mom lied to you? Or was she seeing some of the same things that you noticed; that he has energy when he wants? Just wanted to let you know that you're not alone, you're not a bad fish parent(quite the opposite, in fact, by the look of things), and you're not being ignored.
Good luck. My thoughts are with you and Dax. Things will resolve; what should be will be.
ravenwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:11 AM   #24 
scootshoot

Drax may just be reaching old age. You gave him a good life and took great care of him as I remember the dorm cup stories you first shared.
scootshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:42 AM   #25 
Theraggy1

I second him possibly being old. Since he's been alive for so long now, any sickness would have shown. I have a 4 year old girl who pretty much just sits at the bottom of her tank or, lays in her cave.
Just keep him warm and feed him good food.

Good luck
Theraggy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:09 AM   #26 
DormDrax

Yeah, I guess.

Not to sound morbid though... Kinda wish he would either perk up, or go peacefully,

Why? *blushes* was at petSmart and saw the most beautiful purple crown tail. Oh I had to keep myself from buying him... Since I had promised mom she could pick out the next one (and I feel I owe it to her since she's done all these menial jobs while I'm at school All week) *!* ACKi forgot to gravel vac and water change the main tank last week! And one of the plants has been shedding. ........ Eh... Word is the tetras are as sparkly as ever and the ghost shrimp are super hyper so I guess the water can last till Friday haha.

Thanks for the advice. I just hope it doesn't drag on and on. Omg cuz if I mention putting him down to mom it will just flood her with memories of having to put Pepper down. *waves hands* oh dear lord that's out of the question hahahaha
Old 02-24-2012, 11:30 PM   #27 
DormDrax

Drax passed away Monday, mom buried him in my garden.

She just told me this now, so now we are fighting because I'm upset she waited till I got home and was going upstairs to see him.

Great timing mother...

Now she doesn't want anymore fish, saying it was the my fault for his death and it was the Tetras that did it.

So huge fight since I want one but she says it's just too hard to see them get sick and die so easily. (yeah over a year of no issues and apparently that's her summary)

Plus she keeps trying to be comforting when I like being upset alone. So would have liked to have been told Monday, instead of now, so I'm all upset around MOTHER.

Blank or high water I'm getting another betta.

... Is it normal to shed a tear for a betta? I feel so childish getting emotional.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:48 AM   #28 
BettasRpeople2

So sorry to hear about Drax. Good luck with your mom and the new betta when you get him.
BettasRpeople2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:38 AM   #29 
ZergyMonster

It is not childish to cry over a pet that has died. You created a bond with it and it with you. You gave it a good life. But with death there comes acceptance and the ability to move on. Get a new fish if that makes you happy, you are making a new fish happy and you will create a new bond.

Unfortunately my fish died overnight and I will be getting a new one today. I only had him for a week but somehow I just knew he wasn't going to make it.
ZergyMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:04 PM   #30 
DormDrax

Went to a tropical fish store... Had real fancy red white dragon scales...

But I fell in love with a little regular blue crown tail since when I picked up the jar he opened all his fins which for once all intact. Had to get him lol

Only once I got him in the tank did I notice the difference. He's like half the size Drax was phew little guy haha.

Plus... Both eyes intact! *throws confetti*
He's so speedy and just going crazy exploring the tank! Seems really fascinated with the other fish.

Plus... As I thought... Soon as I bring mom in she INSTANTLY falls in love with him.

Still figuring a name for him...

He's very hyper, eats well already. Seems my betta instincts instantly picked out the healthy one. Then again this was a simply fish store that pride on their fishes well being. Only having a few bettas out at a time, and the fancier ones in large vases. In a heavy traffic location so you always pass them at some point but high up so kids can't grab.

Anyway yes... Mom wants to name him Drax Jr. But ugh... So corny!