Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-28-2012, 01:00 PM   #1 
Aloe

Good morning Starshine, the Earth says "Hello!"

Romeo (ro-may-oh) was my first betta from Meijer that I purchased out of sympathy because he was the only betta on the shelf and probably would've died soon after I left the store if I would've left him there. I already had a 10 gallon with a filter, heater, decorations, and a thermometer set up in it because I was planning on getting a betta from a store that actually knows what they're doing. I'm glad that I got Romeo, though. He's a lot more active now that he's under my constant care.

Yesterday my friend and I were walking around Petco and came across a betta that appeared to still be a baby. I have a soft heart so I decided to take it home with me and put her in the small critter keeper that I purchased a while ago as a hospital tank for Romeo just in case. We believe that it's a female. She's currently in the hottest room of the house to keep her warm because I don't have the heater set up yet, but tonight the heater will be set up for her. I know that I should feed her small live or frozen foods. She's already improved from yesterday. Stress stripes are fading and she's swimming around a lot. We've decided to call her Rosalina.

When she gets much bigger, I'm going to divide the 10 gallon tank and put her in it. That'll probably be a while, though, since Rosalina is so tiny. I really hope that I can raise her properly. The critter keeper should be fine for her shouldn't it? She's tiny and I think that it'll be fine for her until she's much bigger. The container paper says Small: 9.13 in x 6.12 in x 6 in (23.2 x 16.8 x 15.24 cm) Capacity: 0.75 Gallons (3,250 ml).
Aloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:02 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady

Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful would of Betta keeping....

Look forward to seeing pics and hearing more about your Betta keeping adventures.....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:12 PM   #3 
Aloe

Thank you for the welcome, it means a lot to me to know that this site is so welcoming to newcomers.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:42 PM   #4 
wolfiegreen

Welcome! You should post some pics *nods head*
wolfiegreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:11 AM   #5 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Hi Aloe

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing pics of Romeo and Rosalina.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:15 AM   #6 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Hi and welcome to the forum.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:28 PM   #7 
Gehenna

Welcome to the forums, i am new here myself, barely a week. But i have found a lot of information about the care of bettas, so don't be afraid to ask as i have seen there's plenty of knowledgeable people around here and the place is well organized.

Again, welcome :)
Gehenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:52 PM   #8 
Andreaguir

Welcome!!! I am brand new too! Just joined a min ago! I dont have a betta yet :( but if you see my introduction I posted I explain I will be getting one in 2 weeks! So excited!!!
Andreaguir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:22 PM   #9 
Aloe

I apologize for not coming online in a while, but things got busy because the semester changed at school. A great update is that the baby betta is now in a filtered and heated 10 gallon tank. Another update is that I'm still unsure if the betta is a male or female. It could be a female VT or a male PK as far as I know. It might be too soon to sex it, but I'll attempt to post some pictures later on. Just in case it's a male, I'm going to search up some unisex names and re-name it.

Edit: I looked up some names and found one that was a unisex name and one that I liked. It's Piccolo. For now on, the baby betta's name is Piccolo.

Last edited by Aloe; 02-01-2012 at 02:28 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:35 PM   #10 
MistersMom

cute name....welcome....anxious to see your fishies!
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote