Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-26-2012, 07:07 AM   #1 
AngesRadieux

I'm Sorry Severus

I feel so stupid. Everything was fine. There was no reason for me to go messing with the stupid heater. But I just HAD to change it, anyway. I really thought I was doing the right thing for him, but I just ended up killing him. I tried my hardest to save him, but I guess it just wasn't enough. I thought I caught the problem early, I tried treating him with aq salt and epsom salt. I kept him in his cup so it would be easy for him to get to the top for air. I wrapped blankets around the tank to help the preset heater keep it just a little warmer for him.

But I still feel so guilty. I feel like maybe if I had changed his water when I woke up to check on him instead of just checking to see if he was still alive or if I'd been able to get the epsom salt and start treatment earlier he would've been okay. And I KNOW he would've been okay if I'd just stuck with that stupid preset heater instead of trying to use the adjustable one.

When I went to bed last night, I knew he probably wouldn't make it, but I'm still too upset about it to go to my first class today. And I hate seeing the empty tank. Petsmart gets a new shipment in today, so I could get a new fish, but I feel like I'll just end up killing a new one, too...
AngesRadieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:31 PM   #2 
Karebear13

Im sorry for your lost. These things happen. You did your best dont feel guilty and just think of all the tender love and care you gave him and how much of that you can do for a new one. At least now he is no longer suffering and he is at peace
Karebear13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:32 AM   #3 
BellasMomma

O I'm so sorrie! It sounds like you were only doing wat you thought was best so there is really no wrong in it. I do understand feeling guilty but think of all the great things you did for him like giving him a warm, clean home and feeding him everyday. It seems that you know wat you did wrong so when you feel better get another fish. Don't think of it as replacing yer guy but as you are giving another little fish that wonderful home that he had. That's wat Mr. Serverus would want. R.I.P. Little man!
BellasMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:31 AM   #4 
wolfiegreen

So sorry for your loss :( I apprently had a defective heater once, it went to 98 before i caught it (had classes that day). i got a cup of water and dumped him in it poor Shiro was pale almost white and he was a dark blue fish. But you were doing what you thought was right. Heaters are hard to set correctly. Don't beat your self up about it youl make your self feel worse and worse until you make yourself sick.
wolfiegreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:15 PM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm so sorry about Severus.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote