Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-20-2012, 09:13 AM   #1 
aejh143

Food Recommendations

Hi there! It seems like each time Griff eats, he gets a pretty large stomach. The example photo is only feeding him 2 pellets. That's it...I've read that this might be cause because of the quality of the pellet. So...can anyone recommend a good quality food for Griff and where I would get it? And also, approximately the cost if you know it. I'd appreciate it so much!
Attached Images

aejh143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:13 AM   #2 
vilmarisv

It's possible your fish has a tendency for bloating that has nothing to do with the food you provide.
Just like people, some fish will have this kind of problem from the time they are born.
I had a fish who would bloat all the time and he will just get over it by the next feeding. I would give give a little extra care by making him flare daily which helped him pass his constipation.
I use Attison's Betta Pro which I buy online from the IBC website which is currently down because we're getting a brand new one! I don't remember how much it costs either under $5 or under $7. I do buy a few at a time to save on shipping.
For pellets sold in store, check out New Life Spectrum Betta Formula. Has very good Protein levels and ingredients.
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 05:24 PM   #3 
scootshoot

Like any food that goes in our bodies, you look at ingredients followed by nutrition labels > fancy packaging.

Always used to feed pellets but have recently converted over to Omega One Betta Buffet Flakes (my bettas love it) as the top 3 ingredients are White Salmon, Black Cod and Seafood mix (Krill, Shrimp & Rockfish)
scootshoot is offline   Reply With Quote