GunsABlazin

:X Starting sbd?

Housing
What size is your tank? 20g
What temperature is your tank? 80*
Does your tank have a filter? Yes
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? No
Is your tank heated? Yes
What tank mates does your betta fish live with? 4 other betta females, 2 loaches, 2 coreys.

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish? Omega1 betta buffet pellets, sun dried brine shrimp
How often do you feed your betta fish? every other day.

Maintenance
How often do you perform a water change? 1 every 2 weeks.
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change? 25-35%
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change? none, well water.

Water Parameters:
Have you tested your water? If so, what are the following parameters? Yes, but i dont have the numbers handy, all wher in great ranges.

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed? Belly is swollen, and looks yellow or white
How has your betta fish's behavior changed? She is freaking out and cant leave the surface, rolling to her side.
When did you start noticing the symptoms? Just now
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how? No.
Does your fish have any history of being ill? No, just got her 3 days ago.
How old is your fish (approximately)? probly about 4 months.

I cant get any photos right now. Camera is acting up, and have no other camera.
Her stomach is huge, i know CT'S a tend to have bigger bellys, but she is haveing trouble swimming. Was fine this morning.
GunsABlazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:16 PM   #2 
Myates

Sorry to hear your girl isn't doing good.. CTs are actually more stream lined and tend to become bloated a little easier then the others- but females are different, as they are always a little rounded in the belly.

It does sound as if she is having issues with her SB.. go ahead and remove her and place her in a QT tank, half gallon and up.

2 teaspoons of plain Epsom Salt per gallon, daily 100% water changes.. can take a week to 10 days before she is fully better.

On a side note.. every other day feeding seems very low.. daily feeding, small multiple meals are ideal. Even 2 meals a day is better then every other day.

What are "great" ranges? Is your tank naturally planted?
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:59 PM   #3 
callistra

She should be getting maybe 3 or 4 of those pellets twice a day every day but one fast day or when you feed the shrimp to keep nourished. Freeze dried foods are fine so long as you are soaking thoroughly before feeding (10-15min) or else they cause constipation and swim bladder issues.
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 05:36 PM   #4 
Sakura8

Guns, did you get your new girl from a pet store or is she from one of our breeders? If she's pet store, she very likely has an internal bacterial infection from stewing in that rotten little cup on a shelf. Go with the epsom salts that Myates suggested and let's see how she does in that for a few days. If there's no improvement, we may need to consider hauling out the medication again. I'm sorry you're going through this so soon after Orchid and Shadow. :( *hugs*
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:38 AM   #5 
GunsABlazin

Maytes- I will test the water again when i get home tonight, so i can tell you what they are. No its not a planted tank.

Calli-i feed like that becust i had plties in the tank, and would feed very heavy, now that theyare re-homes i need to feed differently. And the Shrimp, i dont feed it whole. I grind it up into almost dust then i put it in.

Sakura-she is a pet store girl, but her water was clean. I hope its not another infection, :/ shes an adorable little cambodian with what looks like double Rays. I dont wanna go through that with her.
GunsABlazin is offline   Reply With Quote