Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-25-2013, 05:27 PM   #1 
Elliriyanna

Finn

Finn is my new Delta betta boy :) He has a 5 gallon hex all to himself ... His things are still on the way, I cant wait to share when his tank is done but for now ... Meet Finn

Elliriyanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:09 PM   #2 
EmmyFishyPoo

wow! Pretty boy!!! :)
EmmyFishyPoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:18 PM   #3 
Syriiven

A very pretty boy, can't wait to see more pics =D
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:24 PM   #4 
Brey0255

Beautiful! I love his name.
Brey0255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:30 PM   #5 
Elliriyanna

Thank you :) I usually go more exotic ( or Japanese lol) but I just liked Finn the fish lol ...

I cant wait to get his tank all planted ... He actually HATES pictures so I will post them as I get some.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:26 PM   #6 
jeremywadejunior

Wow, I absolutely love him!! The first photo is fantastic. Lucky betta!
jeremywadejunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:29 PM   #7 
Elliriyanna

Thank you :) I got him wanting to spoil him rotten ... Its just taking FOREVER for his things to get here. I ordered a small sinking log some driftwood and LOADS of plants for him. I know it doesn't sound like much but I am hoping it will make him a happy boy
Old 01-25-2013, 08:42 PM   #8 
jeremywadejunior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliriyanna View Post
Thank you :) I got him wanting to spoil him rotten ... Its just taking FOREVER for his things to get here. I ordered a small sinking log some driftwood and LOADS of plants for him. I know it doesn't sound like much but I am hoping it will make him a happy boy
It's so rewarding to see your betta fish looking happy! (He already does, though!) Aww I'm sure he'll love those! My bettas LOVE to hang out in their floating logs. One of mine has a Hawaiian themed tank and he also likes going into his volcano decoration to explore haha
Old 01-25-2013, 08:45 PM   #9 
Elliriyanna

I was advised against the floating logs by a friend :( guess I will have to order one for him along with some floating plants when I have the money.

I kind of want another Betta but I only ordered another 5 gallon so an ADF tank it will be :P
Old 01-25-2013, 08:56 PM   #10 
jeremywadejunior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliriyanna View Post
I was advised against the floating logs by a friend :( guess I will have to order one for him along with some floating plants when I have the money.

I kind of want another Betta but I only ordered another 5 gallon so an ADF tank it will be :P
I know a lot of people don't like them because the paint on the logs tends to chip off.. However, when I wash them I only rinse them off rather than scrubbing them with a toothbrush like I do with some of the other decor. So they've been working for me. They are a great hangout since bettas tend to spend most of their time near the surface. There is also a feeding hole that I use to drop food through (this way it doesn't sink to the very bottom of the tank to get wasted; they will eat it off the bottom of the log) and my fish know where to go when it's time to feed them! I would recommend it (the only fault is the paint issue). Not a necessity but it is fun to spoil them ;)

ADFs and bettas have been known to live together.. However, I tried housing one with my plakat betta in a 5 gallon and had to return him because my betta was too aggressive and territorial to share a home with the frog. I think if you introduce the two to the tank at the same time, or get a small/more calm betta then they will be able to live together but it depends.