Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-26-2012, 10:01 PM   #1 
MissPokemaster

It's a Deal

I bet I'm not the only one with a story like this, lol

Living in a dorm, the only pets we can have are fisheys, and as soon as I was settled in my little room, I of course went out and got a pretty blue male VT, whom I named Gayrados, after the seadragon Pokemon (lol).

As always, it just started out with him. . . then I figured he was lonely. . . and got him 5 tetra and a pleco. . .then my bf got me a 20 gal, and it was awful empty in there, so I got two baby angels. It was still a little empty with just the 5 tetra schooling, so I went out to get some more, and I saw this amazing pretty little girl betta in a cup! I'm pretty sure she's a crowntail plakat, and has a demanding personality! I put her and the 9 baby tetra in my orignal tank (it's like 2-3gals) for qt, and I can move the tetra to the big tank.

Now, you see. . . my boyfriend is also big into fish keeping, and he really really really wants a saltwater tank. . . and I really really really want another tank for a sororty. . . .

Our deal is that I have to talk him out of getting a salt water tank, and he has to talk me out of getting a sororty. Lol, we just had an angry text conversation where I demanded (with all caps) that he let me get a 10 gal long. . . I don't think he'll give in, T_T

Ha, what other methods do you all use to keep yourselfs from getting more bettas then you know what to do with? >o<
MissPokemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:37 AM   #2 
dew

My Method is my mom. Lol!
dew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:43 AM   #3 
wolfiegreen

Well considering a salt water tank is really freaking expensive (the reason i havent set one up) and a 20 gal long soriety is so much cheaper but pretty all the same go the money route
wolfiegreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:49 AM   #4 
BeautifulBetta

Hahaha my method is my parents...and thinking about my unborn child LOL. I'm not gunna have time to take care of anymore than the 13 bettas I have already. I already become exhausted from the water changes now, can't imagine doing that while sleep deprived and having a baby around -_-
BeautifulBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:52 AM   #5 
MissPokemaster

The money's not the problem, it's the space and time, xp. We both work 12 hour shifts (though we get 3 day weekends), and even though our rooms are pretty decently sized, one 55 gal for him and one 20 and one 2-3gal is really were we should stop. . . "should", lol

Hahaha, and he lives on the third floor (I'm on the second), and lugging that mostly empty 55gal up to his room was something we'd rather not repeate, even me, who had to carry a bucket of 10 fish. Good times, =)
Old 01-27-2012, 12:52 AM   #6 
Scruffy Nerfherder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPokemaster View Post
I bet I'm not the only one with a story like this, lol

Living in a dorm, the only pets we can have are fisheys, and as soon as I was settled in my little room, I of course went out and got a pretty blue male VT, whom I named Gayrados, after the seadragon Pokemon (lol).

As always, it just started out with him. . . then I figured he was lonely. . . and got him 5 tetra and a pleco. . .then my bf got me a 20 gal, and it was awful empty in there, so I got two baby angels. It was still a little empty with just the 5 tetra schooling, so I went out to get some more, and I saw this amazing pretty little girl betta in a cup! I'm pretty sure she's a crowntail plakat, and has a demanding personality! I put her and the 9 baby tetra in my orignal tank (it's like 2-3gals) for qt, and I can move the tetra to the big tank.

Now, you see. . . my boyfriend is also big into fish keeping, and he really really really wants a saltwater tank. . . and I really really really want another tank for a sororty. . . .

Our deal is that I have to talk him out of getting a salt water tank, and he has to talk me out of getting a sororty. Lol, we just had an angry text conversation where I demanded (with all caps) that he let me get a 10 gal long. . . I don't think he'll give in, T_T

Ha, what other methods do you all use to keep yourselfs from getting more bettas then you know what to do with? >o<
There's an argument that my ex used all the time, and it was pretty effective: "I have boobs. If you ever want to see them again, I win."
Scruffy Nerfherder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:55 AM   #7 
BeautifulBetta

^^ roflmao. I'm sooo pulling that one when my future bf or hubby won't let me get my fishy fix.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:57 AM   #8 
MissPokemaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulBetta View Post
Hahaha my method is my parents...and thinking about my unborn child LOL. I'm not gunna have time to take care of anymore than the 13 bettas I have already. I already become exhausted from the water changes now, can't imagine doing that while sleep deprived and having a baby around -_-
Augh, my friend recently had her baby, and had to give away their doggy because it was just too hard for them with the new baby. At least fish are pretty peaeful and calm, I love watching them swim around after a hard day, =) total stress reliever!
Old 01-27-2012, 01:01 AM   #9 
wolfiegreen

lmfao Scruffy you are my hero
wolfiegreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:04 AM   #10 
BeautifulBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPokemaster View Post
Augh, my friend recently had her baby, and had to give away their doggy because it was just too hard for them with the new baby. At least fish are pretty peaeful and calm, I love watching them swim around after a hard day, =) total stress reliever!
Aww thats harsh. I really hope my cat doesnt turn into a weiner when the baby is born. She hates small kids but she's never seen a baby before so who knows :S Fish are definitely peaceful to watch. Even therapeutic sometimes :D I like the sound of the air pumps too..Puts me to sleep sometimes