I'm not sure what to do.
I'm doing water changes three times a week (two fish, 2.5 gallons) and it's really time consuming but worth it if it protects my fishes.
The problem is that my tap water tests positive for ammonia at .25mg/L. I tested it this morning (ten hours after I changed it) and it was still at .25mg/L.
At this point I'd literally have to change it every day, because it will likely be at .50mg/L by tomorrow night.
What should I do? Are there any drops out there that neutralize ammonia? My fish are terrified of filters, even though I run it for an hour while it is warming up and they are out of the tank. (It just has a sponge in there, not sure if it is effective for ammonia.)