Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-30-2012, 07:13 PM   #1 
MistersMom

A Loach...story...

i was at walmart a while back, checking out fishies for my male betta as tank mates..... and i saw 2 fish like the image..... i thought they were cute and small!!!! i bought 2! i eventually got tired of them and gave them to a friend, they were always hiding i didnt like that! but i never knew what they were!!! so i saw "loaches" on here and how sooo many people like them, so i image searched them, and found out i had 2 of them and gave them away! hm??? o well! haha, its just weird that i didnt know.... any one else have similar stories?
Attached Images

MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:40 PM   #2 
naich

cool story
naich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:41 PM   #3 
MistersMom

i think you ment... *cool story bro.
if you dont like it dont comment.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:24 PM   #4 
ElectricBlueJackDempsey

Don't worry, naich will probably be banned soon. I believe that is a skunk loach. Very social and fun fish to watch if you have a group of 5 or more in a 30 or so gallon tank. To bad you don't have them now that you know much more about fish. Maybe you'll get some more in future!
ElectricBlueJackDempsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:39 PM   #5 
MistersMom

true! :)
and yes i went back looking for more, i had only ought 3 and one died shortly after the move. and then 1 more died because it was too scared to eat, then the 3rd is now growing form what i hear, its in a 35 gallon tank with many other fish.
and now that i know, next time i will get 5, i woulf love to get another ten gallon if we end up not moving, and puting my sorority in it and getting some loaches and idk what else, but yes more loaches :)
Old 01-30-2012, 09:49 PM   #6 
ladayen

Yes loaches are usually fairly shy, however with proper conditions they can be quite playful. They usually need to be in groups and they like plenty of shelter. They are mostly nocturnal as well if I recall correctly. Given the proper conditions and at a reasonable time of day they can be very playful and fun to watch.
ladayen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:54 PM   #7 
MistersMom

i had no clue........ thanks for the info!!!
Old 01-30-2012, 11:02 PM   #8 
thekoimaiden

Loaches are adorable and wonderful to keep if you have the space. My love of loaches started in a very similar manner as yours. Years ago, I adored them at WalMart. They had a fake plant in the tank, and there was a loach resting on each leaf. My mother and I called it the "fish tree." Well I went home and researched them and found out I didn't have the space for Botia loaches (like the skunk loach you pictured except we saw Botia modesta and clown loaches). Later on I went back and saw Pangio loaches (again at Walmart of all places), and I just had to have them. They are now living in my community tank. Loaches are some of my favorite fish. If you ever get the tank space I would highly recommend getting some.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:06 PM   #9 
MistersMom

i thought they were cute in an ugly way haha..... if tht makes sense at all? haha
i liked them , but they were always hideing
Old 01-30-2012, 11:24 PM   #10 
thekoimaiden

I love whiskers on a fish (lol and on a cat), but I don't love the spines that catfish come with. I've been hit with them before, and it hurt worse than almost anything I've ever felt.

My loaches do a great deal of hiding. I've only got a few right now, and I think that might be the problem. Everything I've read says "the more the merrier." I even saw a youtube video of a 200 gal clown loach tank. There must have been close to 30 fish in it, and they were all huge (clown loaches do get huge). But it was sooo cute to see them pile on each other. Loaches are the only fish I've ever seen really snuggle with each other. I've seen it called a "loach pile." Man I love these little guys.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote