Betta Fish Forum banner

Two New Bettas!!

Tags
setup
707 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Gen2387 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

Im new to this forum but not new to bettas, my dad has always had bettas and I have always had a 40 Gallon tank of more than 50 guppies and others, but recently our roles have switched :)
He now has my tank and i now i two new bettas i got today.
I dont have space for anything bigger than a 3L tank but each betta has its own tank with a marina digital thermometer, Fluval compact heater 25W, black floor pebbles and just for now 1 leafy fake plant, i gotta stop by a shop to grab live plants. Oh and each has its own overhead light.

Just wanna hear what you all think of my sorta starter tanks!! :D

#2 ·
Well, it's good that you are heating the tanks because they need water between 76 and 80. A thermometer is also very important, you don't want to boil them. But the tank sizes are MUCH too small. You need at least 7.57 liters (2 gallon) per fish. I you really REALLY can't, at least get them a little more than 1 gallon. Bettas need to have space to swim and stretch (imagine being stuck all your life in something just big enough to take a couple of steps each way....
Also important, but you probably already have it is water conditioner to treat the tap water for the tanks.

Good luck with your new fishies!!!! :-D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.