Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-06-2012, 01:45 AM   #21 
wolfiegreen

I don't think my petsmart has it but I think my Walmart may actually have it. It's almost 3 so going right now is a no go. Shes a pig so hopefully she'll eat them lol. The funny thing is tht the other "female" I got seemed healthy but now I'm finding out my "she" may really be a "he" -.-". I'll post an update in the morning it's actually wayyyyyyy past bedtime and with classes tomorrow I'm really pushing it. Thanks so much for helping me Sakura :)
wolfiegreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:54 AM   #22 
Sakura8

You're welcome. Sleep well. :)
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:15 AM   #23 
wolfiegreen

Well the bloatings gone down she actually looks the right size at the moment. I fed her 3 pellets she always bloats when she eats I'm noticing
Old 02-06-2012, 11:55 AM   #24 
wolfiegreen

Yeah they had everything by jungle but the food so i don't think anywhere around me sells the pellets
Old 02-06-2012, 10:39 PM   #25 
Sakura8

If she bloats when she eats, maybe it's the food. You can try feeding a different brand of pellets, like Omega One or New Life Spectrum (NLS is at Petco). A pellet that has fish products as the first couple of ingredients is best. One with too much wheat could be causing the bloating because fish can't really digest wheat very well.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:51 PM   #26 
wolfiegreen

I've got tetraMin tropical granules, hbh betta bites, bettaMin tropical medley, freeze dried blood worms, aqua culture betta pellet food, and Wardell betta food. I'm going by petsmart wednesday night so I'll grab omega one while I'm there. These are really hard to type with autocorrect on lol.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:32 PM   #27 
Sakura8

Haha, I bet. Yeah, definitely try the Omega One pellets. They're good quality.

I have so much fish food. It's all gonna go bad before I use it.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:39 PM   #28 
wolfiegreen

Yeah kinda sucks lol.im gonna keep an eye on her for another week and watch her food intake. Maybe its the food she may stay in her own tank instead of going in the sorority tank to keep her food intake under control :P any other good food to get? I can snag the petco one when I'm in Columbus againg but may be awhile.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:00 AM   #29 
Sakura8

If you aren't squeamish, frozen bloodworms and frozen brine shrimp are both great treats. But that depends on if you want thawed creepy crawlies in your fridge. :P My mom almost died the first time I put a container of thawed bloodworms in our fridge.

I hear good things about Attison Pro Betta but I have never seen it in a store.

It's easy to overfeed in a sorority because you just want to make sure everyone gets their fair share and in the process, some girls get a bit more.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:07 AM   #30 
wolfiegreen

Lmao your poor mom. Nah doesn't bother me it's ticks that freak me out oddly enough lol. Had to pull one off the cat and about died. I've got one girl in the sorority that when she eats it's like her swim bladder messes up and she swims weird for 30 mins or so. But who knows I'll se how it goes I'm in no rush. I'll see if I see that while there to maybe il have luck.