Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-31-2012, 03:43 PM   #1 
chrissylee13

Angry was doing some youtube betta video searches today..

AND IT MAKES ME SO ANGRY TO SEE ALL THESE PEOPLE SAY THAT BETTAS CAN'T GIVE YOU LOVE OR MAKE YOU HAPPY!!!!!

OR THAT THEY AREN'T REAL PETS!!!!
chrissylee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:46 PM   #2 
Laki

It's too easy to search bettas and have so many ignorant people fighting 2 pet stores bettas, or doing stupid things to them. Like keep it in a tiny container.
You know what though? You cannot get too overwhelmed over it- youtubers who comment on videos try it enough but the uploaders don't care. They really dont. So it's out of your control. And mine. And everyone here. All we can be thankful for is enriching the lives of the betta we take into our care and love. We know the difference and that makes us better, more compassionate, people.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:56 PM   #3 
Leeniex

People on the internet are stupid. ;)
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:03 PM   #4 
chrissylee13

totally agree with both of you. :] <3
Old 01-31-2012, 04:07 PM   #5 
dormfish

Wait.... aren't we on the internet? O.o' But seriously, betta videos on Youtube frustrate me so much. I stumbled upon a video of a betta fight. If that wasn't bad enough already, they were beautiful pet store bettas, and had obviously come from breeders. One was a MT. So beautiful. ... Of course there were betta keepers' comments below, and people just replied, "Calm down their just fish." I nearly replied back, " And you are clearly uneducated, seeing that you lack basic grammar skills and basic understanding of the law." >(
dormfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:25 PM   #6 
chrissylee13

haha, i guess we are people on the internet. but, at least we aren't fish abusers, or heartless people. :] and don't worry. i left comments on several videos/video comments. :]
Old 01-31-2012, 04:31 PM   #7 
Pitluvs

There are a lot of people that see Bettas as fish, scientific fish. They don't put emotion into them. That's ok with me, I see mine as pets but I do see them as just fish as well. But I would never say anything to someone who loves their Bettas just as much as I love my dog/kids... that's just plain rude! This is why I never search Bettas on YouTube
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:54 PM   #8 
VikingPrincess

I have never thought to search bettas on YouTube...* goes to look *

But it is not just bettas...it is all animals,there are stupid idiots out there that like to harass, fight, torment all types of animals for a laugh or a video...

For example,I have a scorpion and love these guys. I looked up scorpion videos before and there are videos of idiots doing stupid things to scorpions to make them sting or pinch. One guy put a scorpion and a tarantula and a frog all in a frying pan (didn't cook them thankfully) to see 'who would win'...
VikingPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:55 PM   #9 
betta lover1507

i know it gets frustrating not to long ago i seen something that said snapping turtle VS betta 0-o am not kidding, there just people that think they have the money in the world and try to be famous over the internet, there are many different ways. am really sorry how you feel that's why i stopped looking at vids on youtube about betta's and we have these fish and you know that there in better hands with you then being killed by something 3 times larger then a betta

only of there was a law about abusing betta's or every fish (besides freshwater gobies >->) for no abuse. not just betta's get this treatment there are chicken fights, dog fights, etc and those are illegal just not for fish

Last edited by betta lover1507; 01-31-2012 at 04:57 PM.
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:02 PM   #10 
betta lover1507

not to double post i LOVE snakes i see people poking or holding a snake badly and it gets them mad and the snake bites a person, then the person says snakes are evil creatures ...he is actually, i don't really see people use abuse on snakes but there is neglection like don't get fed, or put in a cramped container as well. and not just snakes dogs, cats, birds, reptiles, amphibians, ferrets, etc. all just for people to laugh. so really, who do you think is the evil one?
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote