Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-31-2012, 11:46 PM   #1 
fishies93

Could anything else go wrong this week?

My tank has decided it no longer wants to work aparently. first the filter wasnt working right, then one of the bulbs in the headlight blew, and now my heater is definitly broken. Is this heater a good buy for a 10 gallon tank? Just thought I should ask before I spend $32...

http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...ductId=4282556
fishies93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:39 AM   #2 
BellasMomma

well based solely on the reviews it has it seems to be OK... It is pretty expensive too... I would definitely check out some more heaters and maybe make a thread asking wat others use for their 10 gal. Try amazon too, they have a ton! Sorrie stuff isn't going right for you, but if things didn't go bad we wouldn't know wat was good! Hope things get better soon!
BellasMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:46 PM   #3 
thekoimaiden

The Aqueon Pro is a great heater. I keep them in my betta tanks as well as my tropical community tank. Generally with heaters you get what you pay for. Aqueon and Fluval are my two favorite heater brands. But I would check around on Amazon before buying them at Petsmart; I got mine half price on Amazon.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:28 PM   #4 
Silverfang

I've heard good things about both fluvial and aqueon, I also have hard success with hydor theo.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:36 PM   #5 
bastage

I was able to find Eheim-Jager heaters locally here much less then the Aqueon Pro's & there rated VERY highly as well. Call your small LFS's & ask what they have in stock
bastage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:39 PM   #6 
Silverfang

thanks for the tip bastage, my heater just developed a crack, have to replace asap
Old 02-02-2012, 09:45 PM   #7 
Pitluvs

I gotta giggle when people call these expensive, the cheapest heaters here (other than the walmart preset) are $33 plus 15% tax lol I wish I had half the stuff you guys do!
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:21 PM   #8 
BellasMomma

yea PIT but we wish we had half the stuff you do! We all want wat we don't have! The grass is always greener right! $32 seems expensive to me cuz I hot a 10gal kit for $73. It came wit everything and was the only good one I could find with a heater
BellasMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:38 PM   #9 
Silverfang

Canadian prices... and then stock... Pit knows what I mean. until we got a petsmart here in town a male VT cost 9.99. It's only recently they started getting in some more exotic colours. In order to get anything other than the basics we have to order, and shipping to this part of the country gets expensive.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:28 PM   #10 
Pitluvs

Bella, where I am at... there is one type (sometimes two) of the products and usually only one store lol I have one pet store here, Pets Unlimited and they are ran by Hagan Company. Everything is expensive, and minimal :( WalMart is useless lol

10g tanks here are $70+ and the heaters are $30+ :S
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote