Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-01-2012, 10:02 PM   #11 
LittleBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettaluvr View Post
What a handsome and lucky boy! I was at the local wal mart today. The bettas there were in tiny cups and filthy water and were either sick, dying or dead.

My local walmart has gotten a lot better recently... the one I got Sammy from is trying... but their pet location is in a very secluded place with no cameras.... there was a boy at the one Sammy was from who had NO water at all.... he was in the VERY back of the shelf on the very top... had I not ben curious in the new bettas he probably would have died, one of the employees walked by when I picked up the cup and stopped to talk, she wasn't sure what water they used for the bettas so she went and found an employee who did... she had spent the day stopping in to go through cup after cup to make sure they were all alone and seperating them if they werent... there are some good people... she new NOTHING on betta care, but her heart was i nthe right place
LittleBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:06 PM   #12 
Daisykd

Thanks for the info LittleBettas.
Daisykd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:27 PM   #13 
blueridge

Wow awesome transformation! I just rescued a case just like that from my local walmart a view weeks ago! He has turned around soo much and hes quit a personality to match too.
blueridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:35 PM   #14 
LittleBettas

I know... the guys who have the most dramatic transformations seems to have the most... interesting.... personalities... lol
Old 02-01-2012, 11:40 PM   #15 
steezy

wow what an amazinnnggg recovery!
steezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:05 AM   #16 
Boikazi4o9

What a great transformation! Love the color on him.
Boikazi4o9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:29 AM   #17 
Silverfang

that is so awesome, glad you saved him, and he recovered so well!
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:49 AM   #18 
a123andpoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettas View Post
The walmart I got him from it happens alot, I was just there today and there were three cups with two bettas, and employee came over and fixed it, they are in the process of moving their bettas to a more public area since this is continuously happening mine at least are caring about it....

one of my rescue boys, Hercules, was one of the bettas placed in cup with another betta, first time I ever saw it and both were alive, when I went to purchase him, the guy at the registar checked... then leaned over and said that he had seen this happening a lot.... he only charged me for one... he happened to be a fish lover and new chances were that Herc would die....
My walmart is getting better, the water is blue, but the fish were mostly healthy though there was one dead one that had this fuzz all over him. It used to be a lot worse back in 2010 all the fish I bought from there had dirty water. Sometime last year it must have changed after I stopped getting fish. The lady who checked out Arashi would have charged for both. She loved seeing them flare up, and obviously didn't care for the fishes well being. She asked if I was going to put him in a small bowl near another fish. I told her I was putting him in a divided ten gallon! She didn't think that was any fun.
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:04 AM   #19 
blueridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettas View Post
I know... the guys who have the most dramatic transformations seems to have the most... interesting.... personalities... lol
They really do. It's a shame that they were not taken better care of too. You would think walmart would do that so they could make a little more money.
blueridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:56 AM   #20 
LittleBettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by steezy View Post
wow what an amazinnnggg recovery!

Thank you!