Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-02-2012, 01:21 AM   #1 
Wolfie305

Does everything seem okay? Also question about my heater..

Not sure if any of you saw my thread in the "Betta Chat" forum, but I mentioned that I would be purchasing a new betta fish soon and that I was gathering the things I needed for my tank. I am new to the forum! :D

Well, I got my little Dragon Scale guy today and I just want to make sure everything is set and correct before putting him in the tank! So here is what I've got/did so far:

- 1 gallon tank with overhead light. I know it's a little small, but it's what I can afford for now. I'm hoping to upgrade to a 2.5 within a few months :)

- Added the 1tsp of water conditioner

- Put in my heater that arrived today. It's an Elite 25W Mini Heater, which I heard was recommended here. So far it seems to be doing it's job because the top of my tank above the water is getting humid.

- I plan to leave it overnight to settle and then I'll put him in.

Now, I just have a few questions/concerns about the heater. Is this at all a fire hazard? I don't have the cord in the water - I have it right above the "minimum water level" line.

I'm just worried because when I put it into the water, I THINK I noticed a small crack towards the top. If I look at it underwater, you can see this little black hairline. However, it is difficult to see when taken out. The "crack" is right under the temperature dial and not anywhere near the heating part, but should I be concerned? I can try and get a picture of it in the morning if needed..

Thanks!
Wolfie305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:09 AM   #2 
a123andpoof

Everything sounds good. not sure about the heater part though!

I am glad you found your guy! I can't wait to see pictures!
a123andpoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:47 PM   #3 
LucyLore

I have a 2.5 gallon tank and I'm worried about my heater too. Most heaters say what size tank they work best in. Mine is supposed to work well in 2-10, which is a big span if you ask me. Is it a deep crack, or just a hair crack?
LucyLore is offline   Reply With Quote